173 replies to this topic

#41 colour haze

colour haze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:06 PM

Simply put, NO.

I know the game is boring, but the shuffle of resources will go bad as always on smaller countries. Not to mention if it brings back old, "fun and money-spending" wars - it will be exclusively eRepublik's fault and you can shut down the server immediately.

Consider maybe rather completing some unfinished works, like the map - this is necessary to have a strategy game!

If eRepublik needs wars and fun, that requires people. New players. Not reshuffle of resources. Invest some time and money to promote the game and not leaving it to the players. While at that, consider hiding the 'pay2win' features a bit, an make them rare.

Hope this helps.
  • Alex.L, fr3edom, Bad Mojo and 2 others like this

#42 Daniel Rockdrigisimo

Daniel Rockdrigisimo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

It's a good idea to reshuffle the resources. Just don'd do it completely random. You have to make sure to give a balance to the distribution. And please, don't give countries as big as China or Usa all the variety of resources, that's just embarrasing.

#43 Admiral General Mickey

Admiral General Mickey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

IT could be nice if countries had the ability to upgrade their resources produactivity. Instead of writing the full details I will give an example:

Argentina owns 2 regions with Fish resource. Instead of one resource giving 20% bonus, each would provide with 5% bonus. The country president could propose a law to 'upgrade produactivity' of one of the regions, so instead of 5% bonus it would provide with 10% bonus (of course that every type of resource can only provide up to 20% bonus). The upgrade of the produactivity shall of course cost some currency or gold to the country .. 

Now to upgrade the idea and make it more interesting (by making it harder for big countries keep full bonuses), we may add 2 basic rules:

1. When a region is being conquered the produactivity of its resource is reseted back to 5%.

2. When a region is being liberated the upgraded produactivity is maintained.

I think this idea could add some strategy to the game and make it harder for the big countries to keep 'full bonuses' for long time. This way countries will think twice before taking over a region as it may not be beneficial for them to conquer a region. Moreover, liberation of a region could hurt the occupier even more, instead of re-conquering the region countries would need to re-conquer the region, and upgarde the produactivity too in order to go back to the full bonus.

• Niemand, HisAirness and Backo BG like this

Feel free to browse my web-guide for eRepublik, it's free

http://erepublik-web-guide.weebly.com/

#44 KIPPERS OF THE MUD

KIPPERS OF THE MUD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

Uh... So some countries with 60% food and 40% weapon will get "scrambled" and end up with 20% food and 40% weapon?

No thanks, if that's the case.

#45 Finway Divi Filius

Finway Divi Filius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Remind me how many regions has USA compared to Cyprus, please?

We're not playing the same game ; that's all.

• Alfonso Giamma likes this

#46 CFovetS

CFovetS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

don't you think that this might be somehow "unfair" for those MU who have "burned" some serious amount of damage to be an elite unit?

No, because that's not all they got for being elite. They also won tons of gold and an ORG to use. Plus it was only supposed to last until the next tournament and they never took it away.

Edited by CFovetS, 12 December 2014 - 09:12 PM.

• Bad Mojo likes this

#47 Nothos

Nothos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:41 PM

While I'm still new to the game, I think the idea of alternating/shuffling resources to different regions sounds like a great idea. 

It may not "fix" the game as others have said but it certainly won't hurt. I'm still learning the game and I understand a lot of people are dissatisfied and frustrated with certain aspects of the game now.

Fortunately the game has a great community and I think that is really its saving grace regardless of how the game evolves. 

Best regards,

Nothos

#48 Charlotte Partheney

Charlotte Partheney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:42 PM

NO

1, You think its fun to destroy strategy of countrys with random resource shuffles?

I wont think its fun. But rather will be very angry if this kind change implented.

I dont want to see this!!!

Why bother to do anything all after these kind of changes?

After a month another resource shuffle,countrys have no reason to do anything all because you will randomly destroy all of their work.

Its no fun,but frustration.

I wont support the game anymore if you do this.

There are better ways to change things ,not like this.

This is a horrible idea even the thought you considering it annoys me

• Superferro likes this

#49 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnmei no itaru bashou

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

If reshuffle has to be, it has to be periodic (at least once per year) and not occasional.

• rainy sunday, Niemand and Alfonso Giamma like this

ambassador.gif

#50 e-seba.arg

e-seba.arg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

First I recommend, if you have not already done, including an economist in his team.

The problem is not the amount or distribution of resources should not be modified, the problem is that their production is infinite and cheap. The resource factories are very economical compared to weapons or food. The result is an overwhelming production of raw materials. In the market, supply and demand never come to be equated, due to oversupply of raw materials available. This impoverishes the entire production chain and currency.

The logical solution would increase the cost of acquiring the factories of raw materials and lower bonuses. To achieve this there should only one type of company for each type of raw material that should be updated to produce, as the arms and food.

Q1. Cost created 10 gold. Basic Production 50.

Q2. Upgrade cost 20 gold. Basic Production 100.

Q3. Upgrade cost 30 gold. Basic Production 150.

Q4. Upgrade cost 40 gold. Basic Production 200.

Q5. Upgrade cost 50 gold. Basic Production 250.

Q6. Upgrade cost 60 gold. Basic Production 300.

Q7. Upgrade cost 70 gold. Basic Production 350.

By upgrading not produce raw materials of different quality, just increase the amount, keeping the current market structure

This simple solution would solve many of the problems of economic module. You only need to consider how to make the transition to this new system, supplanting existing factories raw materials for the new. Respecting the user

Please forgive my poor English 

• fr3edom likes this

#51 Charlotte Partheney

Charlotte Partheney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:55 PM

First I recommend, if you have not already done, including an economist in his team.

The problem is not the amount or distribution of resources should not be modified, the problem is that their production is infinite and cheap. The resource factories are very economical compared to weapons or food. The result is an overwhelming production of raw materials. In the market, supply and demand never come to be equated, due to oversupply of raw materials available. This impoverishes the entire production chain and currency.

The logical solution would increase the cost of acquiring the factories of raw materials and lower bonuses. To achieve this there should only one type of company for each type of raw material that should be updated to produce, as the arms and food.

Q1. Cost created 10 gold. Basic Production 50.

Q2. Upgrade cost 20 gold. Basic Production 100.

Q3. Upgrade cost 30 gold. Basic Production 150.

Q4. Upgrade cost 40 gold. Basic Production 200.

Q5. Upgrade cost 50 gold. Basic Production 250.

Q6. Upgrade cost 60 gold. Basic Production 300.

Q7. Upgrade cost 70 gold. Basic Production 350.

By upgrading not produce raw materials of different quality, just increase the amount, keeping the current market structure

This simple solution would solve many of the problems of economic module. You only need to consider how to make the transition to this new system, supplanting existing factories raw materials for the new. Respecting the user

Please forgive my poor English 

No to upgrade,that would increase overproduction

Instead make q7 cost more raw material

#52 Charlotte Partheney

Charlotte Partheney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:07 PM

BTW when we can except another fantasy and sci-fi update?

Orcs and elves will be introduced to game,after random reshuffles doesnt matter?

• smee again likes this

#53 e-seba.arg

e-seba.arg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:07 PM

No to upgrade,that would increase overproduction

Instead make q7 cost more raw material

Not necessarily produce more overproduction, was just one example, could be updates only until q5 level would be virtually a volume of current production. The numbers were just one example.

Increasing the amount of raw materials required for the production of a product does not solve the underlying problem, ease of access to the means of production of raw materials and therefore the oversupply will persist.

#54 Adelyte

Adelyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:15 PM

I like the idea, although doing it fairly often would need to be done to keep it fresh.

#55 Ashkoort

Ashkoort

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

Your analysis is short sighted and completelly wrong...as always. And your offered solution isn't a solution because it presents nothing different than what we have now.

Resources aren't the sole problem and simply reshuffling their disposition will change absolutely nothing.

If you wanna bring back the importance of regions and control of certain strategic positions you have to work on following reatures.

1) Reduce the number of resources and bring back the relation of companies with regions

Solution: - each company has to be placed in a region and production of that company would depend on the resource placed to that specific region

2) Drastic changes in military module are required if there's any hope to get the game back on track - there's no way to make anything important and worth fighting for in a module where everything can change over night and nothing really lasts

"A smaller country with a valuable resource might find itself annexed by a bigger one for years and years, without any realistic chance to get free ."

- Remove the MPP rule where all MPPs are always active ---> it's the sole problem that brought unbalance to the game and made small ever smaller

Solution: - restore the old MPP rule

- Remove auto attack and bring back attack and RW costs ---> no region is important if it's easy to take and lose it

This is just a small fragment of what has to be changed to make things better, but I don't want to waste time on a more detailed analysis since experience tells me you won't even consider suggestions mentioned here and just do things on your own and keep pilling problems.

These are key features that simply have to be changed if there's any hope for a better tomorrow, but pretty much everything has to change if you want to see this game's glory again.

• XenthuS, Superferro, Iaswn and 1 other like this

#56 Dillan Stone

Dillan Stone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:22 PM

Serious suggestion:

Take everyone who is currently making decisions about game changes.

Fire them.

• Jack Lantos, NoOnexRO, Alex.L and 4 others like this

#57 chriswen

chriswen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:40 PM

I think random resource generation could end up horribly.  And then people would be stuck with the 'cards' that got handed to them and that's not really fun for anybody.  It'll probably result in chaos.

#58 Sr Ziggs

Sr Ziggs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:59 PM

You must do something against multies, that is what is really destroying the game .. more and more and more black gold and CC every day .. make that the new players can't do any purchase or donation until reach the lvl 25, so that will kill any multie. They will survive working for "plato", receiving food and weapons Q0 NO TRADEABLES.. think about it  ;)

#59 MaZzA

MaZzA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHoly Theocratic Nation

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

No.

A shuffle will be useless.

Poland or serbia will conquer the resources, no matter where they are.

• Jaroslav Kolesnik and smee again like this

210402-1.png

#60 Fosite

Fosite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:55 AM

Doubt shuffle will do much, but FOR THE LOVE OF.... please do REMOVE the Oil from Western Netherlands just swap it out with one of the Polish grain Polish happy and my country no longer under permanent occupation cause the MUST have that recourse. 

I know eNetherlands is but a tiny country, but cause of it we cannot resit a big nation as ePoland, and since they need/must have the oil the eNetherlands have suffered a allmost uninterupted complete wipe for good 18 months or more and now thanks to a deal made in which Poland gets the oil we (eNetherlands) still losses half the country which over all this years has cost us.
A state of perma wipe for nearly 18 months has lost us players who just didn't feel like playing anymore with out a country, and now even while no longer wiped but just settled to give up half the country keeps leading back to fights and arguments that are just ruining the fun of allot of our players as well. 

So please, give the Polish the Oil and give us a Grain or a Fish.. or something no massive empire has interest in. And yes people i get it war game and all, but try being a part of a community that as result of a less than thought out placed recourse has costed us so much already. I have no illusion that the Netherlands wouldn't have been wiped at one point or a other by the Polish, but i do not belief they would keep the country wiped as they have out of some form off ill intent or making them feel big, i belief it all has been for the recourse.

• Jaroslav Kolesnik likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users