• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 674 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

We're looking for Game Moderators from: Albania, Georgia, Lithuania, Serbia, Croatia, Turkey, Romania (Ideally the language used in the specific country should be your native language).

What is eRepublik Game Moderators project?
The [url="""]title="External link">Game Moderators Project started in June 2009 and has as a main objective to ensure content moderation on eRepublik by enforcing the eRepublik Rules and eRepublik Terms of Service. The Game Moderators Team is also a communication bridge between the eRepublik citizens and the Community Department, keeping the Department up to date minute with the most important events in the New World.
We have come so far over the past years, that we are now looking for more colleagues to join our ship.

Essentials for being a good game moderator
The key fundamentals of being a good Mod are:
  • Maturity – Being a Mod, whether you agree or not, makes you a member of our staff. Becoming an eRepublik moderator requires a mature perception on discussions and the eRepublik users.
  • Activity – Wave goodbye to your political activity (not mandatory, but recommended) and say hello to countless "Automatic Reports" tickets.
  • Grammar – Being a moderator requires good grammar. You will be acting as an eRepublik representative and decent grammar and spelling are essential.
  • Good sense of humor – Because we are not robots and having fun is one of the things we do on our (SECRET) chat room. We are looking for users with personality, flare and generally a good sense of humor but with the apt ability to distinguish when it is time to be serious.
Basic requirements:
  • Be familiar with the game and also be an active member of this game
  • Must respect the eRepublik rules strictly in order to keep himself as an example for others
  • Treat different posts equally
  • Being a mod is not a status symbol, it’s a responsibility
  • Be polite and friendly
  • Be a daily and active member
  • Must be online at least 4 times a week and should have enough time to handle the routine
  • Be friendly and helpful and try to answer any questions to the best of your ability. Make the Support Center a warm and welcoming place.
How to apply
If you're interested in becoming our mod, please answer the following questions by sending an email with the subject "Game Moderator Application" to moderators@erepublik.com
  • For how long have you been playing and how did you find out about the New World?
  • Why do you wish to become a Game Moderator?
  • What is your definition for a Game Moderator and what do you think a Game Moderator should do?
  • Do you have any experience as a moderator on other games/forums? If yes, please list the games/forums .
  • What do you consider to be your top three achievements?
  • In your opinion, what makes an excellent moderator?
  • How do you consider the eRepublik team has handled the communication with citizens since you have entered the New World?
Please also include the next information:
  • Citizen name & ID
  • Real life country
  • Your native language & other languages you know (Medium English skills are mandatory)*
Hope to hear soon from you!
Kind regards and happy gaming moments,
Your eRepublik Team
  • Note that you will receive an answer only if your application was accepted. If you don't get selected to be the next Moderator to represent your native language, your application will still be kept in our database and will be considered the next time we recruit.
*Please only state languages you are fluent in.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask below [url="'%20%20class="bbc_url"][url="'"]http://title=":)"/>

#2 pufiduci

pufiduci

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

helo i can become one know albanian english and turkish :D

#3 Severrus Snape

Severrus Snape

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

I'm sorry, I have difficulties reading your latest post about available positions for eRepublik Moderators.

I see you are looking for Albanians, Finnish, Romanians and Republic of Macedonia (FYROM)-ians ?

I think you can do smarter than this, than intentionally using country's name as a nationality. 

Macedonia's  descriptions for language and nationality are MACEDONIAN ( http://prntscr.com/668d9o ), not Republic of Macedonia (FYROM). There is no such nationality. 

Since you are referring to the other countries by nationality, it would be only fair that you treat us the same. 

• Niko Jones, Alexander Macedon, Korkac and 3 others like this

#4 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 674 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

helo i can become one know albanian english and turkish :D

There's a section above showing "how you can apply", so if you are interested please follow the simple steps. I have also updated the email, as it appeared to be missing.

Just as a note, any posts that do not resemble a question directly related to the thread, or with a purpose of trolling will be removed and the users may be warned.

#5 Pedersprii

Pedersprii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

[ultimate trolling starts]So, you are looking for moderators but do not pay anything for doing the job? At least you don't mention it. Anyway, the result is same: you will get applications from players who love power and authority over the other players. That leads to a moderator team with full of a**holes.[/ultimate trolling]

Are you serious?

• ronnyJnrJnr, Tomasz92PL and Alies Bu like this

#6 carpet15

carpet15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

What about Ukrainian Moderator?

#7 BrknSword

BrknSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBangladesh

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Country restriction. I can't apply for GO for that ever. :(

But GL to all the applicants. :)

Edited by BrknSword, 17 February 2015 - 02:23 PM.

6441040-1.png

#8 truba66

truba66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

How much is the salary of mod?

#9 Goran Macedonian

Goran Macedonian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

We're looking for Game Moderators from: Albania, Finland, Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) and Romania. (Ideally the language used in the specific country should be your native language).

Hey Gucio, one question... Which is the language used in this specific country Republic of Macedonia (FYROM)

#10 Leo.TheDamager

Leo.TheDamager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAlbania

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

Sended the cv

#11 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 674 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

[ultimate trolling starts]So, you are looking for moderators but do not pay anything for doing the job? At least you don't mention it. Anyway, the result is same: you will get applications from players who love power and authority over the other players. That leads to a moderator team with full of a**holes.[/ultimate trolling]

Are you serious?

The program is voluntary so whoever applies should be aware and keep in mind that the program is not salary based, but purely voluntary. I can assure you that all of the applications are thoroughly read through and each candidate is always checked.

What about Ukrainian Moderator?

Unfortunately, we're not looking for a Ukrainian moderator at the moment. Please keep checking regularly, as whenever we will need one an announcement will be made (forum or the wiki).

How much is the salary of mod?

The program is voluntary, thus there is no salary.

Hey Gucio, one question... Which is the language used in this specific country Republic of Macedonia (FYROM)

I'm sure you are well aware of the answer to that question.

Sended the cv

Good luck! :)

#12 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

Will the recruitment continue until each slot has been filled or until a certain date?

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#13 Ahsan

Ahsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBattlefield

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

Good luck to all candidates. :)

It is hard to have a one-sided conversation...

#14 truba66

truba66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

Why would anyone waste time for nothing ???

Hasta la vista baby !!!

#15 tommot

tommot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

Why would anyone waste time for nothing ???

Hasta la vista baby !!!

Maybe because a volunteer wants to contribute something to the stuff he/she is interested in!

Personal gain is the last thing on a volunteers mind.

• TheJuliusCaesar and Leo.TheDamager like this

Signature_banner_tommot_smaller.jpg

18 times Congress member

1° time Country President
Party President of the Belgium for Belgians party (1X) and the All TOgethers party (5X)
The BoDi award for media - day 1840 - 3 December 2012

The BoDi award for media - day 2813 - 3 August 2015
Immigration Officer - day 1806 - 30 October 2012 Until day 1849 - 12 December 2012
Minister of Foreign Affairs - day 1874 - 06 January 2013 Until day 1905 - 06 February 2013
Secretary of Media & FUN - day 1994 - 6 May 2013 until day 2055 - 6 July 2013

Minister of Home Affairs 
Belgium forum-moderator - day 1909 - 10 February 2013 until day 2081 - 1 August 2013
Belgium Forum administrator - day 2058 - 9 July 2013 until(still appointed)

For more info, look at my wikipage

#16 Leo.TheDamager

Leo.TheDamager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAlbania

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

Maybe because a volunteer wants to contribute something to the stuff he/she is interested in!

Personal gain is the last thing on a volunteers mind.

I spammmed  that like button !!!!!!!! 

Edited by kody5, 17 February 2015 - 07:18 PM.

• chandlerldenton likes this

#17 Enkel

Enkel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPrishtina, Republic of Kosovo

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

We're looking for Game Moderators from: Albania, Finland, Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) and Romania. (Ideally the language used in the specific country should be your native language).

How to apply

If you're interested in becoming our mod, please answer the following questions by sending an email with the subject "Game Moderator Application" to moderators@erepublik.com

I already sent one with the subject: Albanian Moderator Application

I think it should not matter but just in-case : Shall I send again or...?

Signed:

Prishtina, Republic of Kosovo

#18 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 674 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

I already sent one with the subject: Albanian Moderator Application

I think it should not matter but just in-case : Shall I send again or...?

You are more than welcome to send it again :))

Will the recruitment continue until each slot has been filled or until a certain date?

There isn't a specific date, usually it's couple of weeks until we fill the spots in.

#19 Goran Macedonian

Goran Macedonian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

I'm sure you are well aware of the answer to that question.

But I'm kindly asking to hear from You :) I simply dislike the "diplomatic" answers and avoidance on this issue. If it's not at all a problem for eRepublic to insult constantly an entire nation, why should be a problem clearly answering one question?

#20 MaZzA

MaZzA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationHoly Theocratic Nation

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

Sadly I'm not from Finland :S

210402-1.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gm, game moderators, recruitment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users