#21 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:26 PM

Would NOs be allowed to this contest?

Don't understand what you mean by NOs. Can you explain more please. 

#22 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnmei no itaru bashou

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

NOs stands for National Organisations.

How did you even become forum admin without knowing that? |:"

• killeramt likes this

ambassador.gif

#23 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

NOs stands for National Organisations.

How did you even become forum admin without knowing that? |:"

Sadly I wasn't interviewed on abbreviations, will recommend the admins to ensure there is an abbreviation test. In fact might help if you create an abbreviation list for all of us noobs to educate ourselves.  

• Demonaire, rainy sunday and The DarkKnight Rises like this

#24 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

Sadly I wasn't interviewed on abbreviations, will recommend the admins to ensure there is an abbreviation test. In fact might help if you create an abbreviation list for all of us noobs to educate ourselves.  

PLS, look for that here n00b ):

Anyway, will ORGs be eligible for contest?

They've got newspapers as well.

ambassador.gif

#25 Gixeska

Gixeska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:14 PM

I like the main idea but i dont like the contest at all, and i'm going to explain why:

- The main part of eRepublik dont write/speak english as our mother lenguaje, so obviously this is a big handicap for non-english writers. It should be done by countries.

- The rewards: Ok, you mean that admin have distribute tens of thousands in military events, but in this one 100 golds to the best writer in eRep, 225 golds total prices... Ok.

Anyway the situation is so bad for the other modules ( economic , politic, media) that anything is welcomed.

Regards.

Edited by Gixeska, 13 September 2015 - 07:27 PM.

#26 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:48 PM

two clarifications:

1 - do header and footer images count? My newspaper has a regular header and footer picture. Does this leave me with 1 more image to be included? or do I still get 3?

2 - is there a special bias in the judging towards articles that specifically cover international events? or will an article which ONLY covers events in a particular nation be judged equally against an article which covers international events?

Thank you.

#27 Gnilraps

Gnilraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

Also - How about a medal for this as well as the gold?

#28 Skazis

Skazis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

- The rewards: Ok, you mean that admin have distribute tens of thousands in military events, but in this one 100 golds to the best writer in eRep, 225 golds total prices... Ok.

Thats because you don't need to buy gold to win this or to even publish an article. Unless you want to publish it 30 times in the media of your natural enemy.
  • smee again likes this

#29 smee again

smee again

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:22 PM

Also - How about a medal for this as well as the gold?

There is already a medal, i have 7 of them :/

#30 smee again

smee again

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

There will be 5 judges for a two week period, 3 judges will be from the community and 2 judges will be from eRepublik. One of the eRepublik judges will only be responsible for ensuring the rules were followed and not broken. Each Judge can award up to 2 points bringing the total to 10 points.

How will the 3 judges be chosen?

Also, please clarify the following - if one judge will "only be responsible for ensuring the rules were followed" leaves only four voting judges. 4 x 2 = 8.?

• cbird likes this

#31 Resoul

Resoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:02 PM

Changed my mind. Too many restrictions for this to be fun.

Edited by Resoul, 15 September 2015 - 06:04 PM.

#32 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:10 AM

PLS, look for that here n00b ):

Anyway, will ORGs be eligible for contest?

They've got newspapers as well.

Yamisuke, I typically give respect and would appreciate respect in return. If you do continue to attack me for whatever reasons you come up with than I will start to ignore your comments and opinions all together. I hope you understand that I will not tolerate this type of attitude in discussions on introducing new contests aside from the war module, you are however free to say whatever you like within eRepublik.com feeds. 

two clarifications:

1 - do header and footer images count? My newspaper has a regular header and footer picture. Does this leave me with 1 more image to be included? or do I still get 3?

2 - is there a special bias in the judging towards articles that specifically cover international events? or will an article which ONLY covers events in a particular nation be judged equally against an article which covers international events?

Thank you.

1. If the header and footer images are to better present the content than, it can be excluded from the 3 image limitation. 

2. The objective is to cover recent events globally of course not every event can be covered but it should be international news. 

Having said that this contest has the possibility to branch out into smaller contests which can be localised, but I would prefer to touch that at a later date once this one is launched and running. 

How will the 3 judges be chosen?

Also, please clarify the following - if one judge will "only be responsible for ensuring the rules were followed" leaves only four voting judges. 4 x 2 = 8.?

Initially I will pick the 3 judges from the community and am still brainstorming a way to select judges. In my initial concept the judges are limited for a period for two reasons 1. To avoid too much burden and 2. To avoid the comfort of power. 

#33 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:16 AM

I like the main idea but i dont like the contest at all, and i'm going to explain why:

- The main part of eRepublik dont write/speak english as our mother lenguaje, so obviously this is a big handicap for non-english writers. It should be done by countries.

Anyway the situation is so bad for the other modules ( economic , politic, media) that anything is welcomed.

Regards.

This is just a start on the English language as the community gets more involved there are possibilities to expand by language or regions. Currently I don't have the language manpower to keep the competition aligned but quite open and willing to work with the community to achieve that.  

#34 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:07 AM

Yamisuke, I typically give respect and would appreciate respect in return. If you do continue to attack me for whatever reasons you come up with than I will start to ignore your comments and opinions all together. I hope you understand that I will not tolerate this type of attitude in discussions on introducing new contests aside from the war module, you are however free to say whatever you like within eRepublik.com feeds. 

[...]

My eyes fail me to see your answer to my question.

I was just teasing u a bit, chill out pls or I'll tell Pfeiffer.

Edited by Yamisuke, 14 September 2015 - 11:07 AM.

ambassador.gif

#35 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

My eyes fail me to see your answer to my question.
I was just teasing u a bit, chill out pls or I'll tell Pfeiffer.

Well in that case my bad for over reacting :P

It can be published from a National Organization as the number of votes do not impact the final score. However one question that comes to mind, if it is published from a national organization who should get the prize the person who wrote it or the country? I'm assuming that you are referring to a MoFA Org or Official Government Org.

P.S. Don't tell Pfeiffer he's scary.

#36 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

[...]

It can be published from a National Organization as the number of votes do not impact the final score. However one question that comes to mind, if it is published from a national organization who should get the prize the person who wrote it or the country? I'm assuming that you are referring to a MoFA Org or Official Government Org.

Take in account that NOs, despite being property of states, may have been given to third-party citizens for their management (military units are excluded from this statement), so you cannot directly associate a NO with its country.

Easier way would be to exclude NOs from competition, yet it may sound unfair; on the other hand, the prize may be simply be credited to the ORG.

That's a matter for higher-rooves dwellers though.

P.S. Don't tell Pfeiffer he's scary.

BEACH PLS

ambassador.gif

#37 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

Are you guys trialling it and then making it permanent if it goes well? I'll definitely be trying out this competition if it is a regular thing - I don't care about a word limit, I like a challenge. Can I suggest you do 1st, 2nd and 3rd place decorations for this? I remember winning some eRepublik Halloween Writing Contest (woo, I got 50 gold!) but we didn't get decorations for it and I think they'd be a good way to show off your writing skills.

AddJamaica_zpsb400a626.png

Add Caribbean Countries to eRepublik: http://tinyurl.com/kfrslg9

​I also eat babies and push elderly people off cliffs.

#38 TheJakal

TheJakal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:30 PM

Are you guys trialling it and then making it permanent if it goes well? I'll definitely be trying out this competition if it is a regular thing - I don't care about a word limit, I like a challenge. Can I suggest you do 1st, 2nd and 3rd place decorations for this? I remember winning some eRepublik Halloween Writing Contest (woo, I got 50 gold!) but we didn't get decorations for it and I think they'd be a good way to show off your writing skills.

This is a trial and if it goes well it will become a permanent contest.

#39 PNGS

PNGS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:36 AM

There is a lot of good writers here, but it is a little bit complicated compare different article in different fields. 

I guess that you can create a competition linked to each topic, Comic, XXX, Economic, War, so on, then you could be able to decide witch one is the best one, in other case you will be trying to identify who is better, Micheal Schumacher or Juan Manuel Fangio, and that is not possible to get because they were not sharing same type of car. :D.

Regards

• TheJakal and Yosemite Sam01 like this

#40 Mashaka Kulala

Mashaka Kulala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:39 AM

I suggest having judges blind read articles. I.e., have an official copy/paster so that judges do not see the author or country of origin of an article.

As others have said, 3 images is very limiting. Photos can pay a powerful role in making an article enjoyable or informative - they are a key part of journalism IRL as well as in eRepublik - and I can't see any reason to discourage that. I agree too that 1000 words is too lowl, especially in the first edition of this contest. This contest will probably spur people to write about things that haven't been getting much media attention, so a good article for this contest will probably need to explain the backstory or context of its content.

That being said, I think this contest is a great idea, and I look foward to it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: media

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users