218 replies to this topic

#1 Adinushk

Adinushk

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

Dear Citizens,

Whether it's in a metropolis or a small town, there's no place like home. Thus, we are glad to introduce the newest update of the New World - eRepublik Cities! While they have existed since the beginning of times, they will now get new roles.

A man's home is his castle... in a manor of speaking. Starting Day 3,468, you can set your Residence in one of the towns and cities for some exciting bonuses!

But before we cut the ribbon, let us explain how Cities work. If you like the thought of establishing your residence in a city, good news! You will be able to benefit from better houses both in terms of house durability, energy pool size and energy recovery for the time period you spend in that city.

Benefits
The residents will benefit from increased energy recovery speed and the extra energy pool as long as they stay in the city of residence according to the chart below.

Bonuses.jpg

Choose your residence wisely - when traveling away from the city of residence, the recoverable energy bonus is not available and the extra energy pool is only active for 30 minutes from the moment of departure.

Once a citizen becomes a resident of a city, they can no longer turn back to their “nomad” status. The houses they have active in the cities will benefit of the durability bonus. The houses usage of a resident citizen will no longer have the option to be paused.

City Size

The cities are grouped in 5 tiers based on the number of citizens who are residents of the city. Their size not only influences the values of residential tax and the property tax but it also affects the durability bonus of the inhabited houses in the city as per the table below.

image.png

Establishing a residence
In order to establish a residence in a city, a citizen needs to travel to the city, apply for a residential permit and pay the one time residential tax and the prorata property tax (if they have active houses).

The residential permit is approved automatically and the active houses will be transferred to the new city if the citizen can pay the above taxes.

Local Taxes

The municipality can levy taxes to fund the city budget.
The residential tax - depends of the size of the city and is collected when a citizen establishes their residence in a city
The property tax - is collected for each house based on its global market price and the actual (remaining) durability of the house. It is paid when a citizen moves in a house in their resident city. While the property tax will initially have an universal value, in the future it will be set by the mayor and the city council.

City Budget

The city budget is founded by the currency collected from the local taxes and a subsidy from the taxes collected at the government level.

The current subsidy is 10% of the country income and divided equally between all the cities of the country. In the future the congress will be able to increase the value of the subsidy
The mayor and city council are the ones who decide on how to use the money in the local budget.

City Size

The cities are grouped in 5 tiers, based on the number residents each city has. The values of the residential tax and the property tax, as well as the durability bonus of the inhabited houses will vary from one tier to another.

Local elections

The local elections module will be added as the next step in the following weeks.

Make sure to go over the Cities Tutorial to gain a better understanding of the mechanics and the new features.

FAQs

I have applied to be resident in a City. Can I become nomad again?

No, once you are a resident, you cannot go back to being a nomad.

I am resident in a city. Can I change my residence?
Yes. Just travel to another city and tap on the “Become a resident” button.

Is there a limit for how many times you can change your Residence?
No, there is not.

Why hasn’t my house energy pool bonus doubled?
The house energy pool bonus doesn’t double when you become a resident. You will only receive the +50 energy pool bonus from the Central Park.

Since I have activated my House(s), the size of my City changed. Will the bonuses be updated too?

No, the bonuses of activated Houses don't change when the city does. They are granted when the house is activated.

The updates to the politics module will be introduced soon. Until then we cannot answer any of your questions.

• Master_rg, Citizen 2806484 and Jeruk1395 like this

#2 PastorAleman

PastorAleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

If i want to be a mayor in a Spanish city do i need to have Spanish citizenship? 

• Hostilian likes this

#3 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:41 PM

I am looking forward to the local politics, hopefully we got enough peeps to engage.
  • tommot likes this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#4 pasdenom

pasdenom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

in MANNER of speaking, not MANOR ...

• Ouzsy likes this

#5 Erath Lerkon

Erath Lerkon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

What can the mayor/city council do with the money? At the moment I cannot see a benefit from living in a metropolis unless the higher budget of the city means the mayor can buy additional parks, etc.?

Edited by Erath Lerkon, 19 May 2017 - 01:45 PM.

• Hostilian and Web Carioca like this

#6 Yui MHCP001

Yui MHCP001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

"The mayor and city council are the ones who decide on how to use the money in the local budget."

Will the uses of the local budget be coded into the game, similar to how Country Laws are, or will the Mayor/City Council be able to do virtually anything they please with the money?

Also, if you can, what will be some of the uses of the local budget? 

• TheJuliusCaesar and PastorAleman like this

#7 Leogar

Leogar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

how do you change residency?

• faugnero and GuidoSuler like this

#8 The Cartjones

The Cartjones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationPrivate Island with an Airstrip and a Yacht

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

nice now we can peek each other xD

ff5c4a8d0bab49d4bce2139ea5755bf3.png

Edited by The Cartjones, 19 May 2017 - 01:55 PM.

• Ouzsy, Zordacz and TheJuliusCaesar like this

Signature removed. Please follow the rules, as defined in the Rules.

Well not really... I love being creative.

#9 Yui MHCP001

Yui MHCP001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

in MANNER of speaking, not MANOR ...

a036c1fa97.png

• Zordacz, TheJuliusCaesar, Demonaire and 3 others like this

#10 Guest_Dioist_*

Guest_Dioist_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

Once a citizen becomes a resident of a city, they can no longer turn back to their “nomad” status. 

So you only have one choice you can relocate???

• Ouzsy, Akaga and Magnus Tradeus like this

#11 Adinushk

Adinushk

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

how do you change residency?

Go to another City, pay the tax and it's done.

#12 kamysje

kamysje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

~The houses usage of a resident citizen will no longer have the option to be paused.

This one thing makes the whole update much worse for me :(

• Vitalikus, iDiod, Kibord and 3 others like this

#13 Gixeska

Gixeska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

Do big cities have any advantage? pay more, less house duration bonuses... so what is the point?

#14 realjjj

realjjj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Only negatives for larger cities but no upside?

#15 Tomasz

Tomasz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

Regarding the property tax: "It is paid when a citizen moves in a house in their resident city." – Does that mean the tax is paid each week and for each (quality) house?

#16 Alex.L

Alex.L

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

Can you change your residence once you establish it in a certain city? If yes, how many times, is there any limit regarding that (except money for those taxes)?

#17 kittib

kittib

• Administrators
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

Can you change your residence once you establish it in a certain city? If yes, how many times, is there any limit regarding that (except money for those taxes)?

You can change your residence as many times as you want, but you will have to pay the taxes every time you change it.

• Alex.L likes this

#18 Mario Strecker

Mario Strecker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHavana

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

When and how can elections for City Councill will be held,personnally I am tending to go on elections for mayor.

Also as concerned of factories/companies would i pay extra tax for relocated my company outside of my current residence?.

#19 Silexu

Silexu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

"The houses usage of a resident citizen will no longer have the option to be paused."

Until now having the Q2-Q5 houses active permanently gave no benefit for me. They are not profitable at all to be used continuously.

I am activating them from time to time when I am doing a level up or when I wait for a battle to start.

If you force me to consume all my houses just to get +2 energy points then I will stay nomad forever.

If you change the benefits of a house based on the quality then the things may change. For example a Q2 provides 2 overtime points and have +4 energy. And so on. Then it may worth the price. Paying twice, three times or even 10 times more for a house with the same benefit is not logical. 

• Vitalikus, iDiod, tarfu and 8 others like this

#20 Zacharia Raven

Zacharia Raven

Elder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

I am looking forward to the local politics, hopefully we got enough peeps to engage.

Prepare for battle for Oulu mwhaha.

Wonder if it will be for every single region?

• TheJuliusCaesar likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users