•     

Photo

Add All The Micro States

countries states e-republics

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Adding the Micro States of Europe (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Micro States be added to e-republic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Anton Zvync

Anton Zvync

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:51 AM

I want the admins to add all the micro states to e-republic! 

- Luxembourg

- Liechtenstein

- Monaco

- Andorra

- San Marino

- Vatican-City

What do you think about this idea? 

#2 Anton Zvync

Anton Zvync

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

I think these states are really important! 

• Notrhe likes this

#3 Notrhe

Notrhe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

Yes!

ⰋⰔⰕⰋⰐⰔⰍⰋ ⰒⰑⰄⰒⰋⰔⰟ - ⰐⰑⰓⰕⰅⰅ

#4 ChaniryXXI

ChaniryXXI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationArgentina/Buenos Aires

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

Yes!

• Notrhe likes this

#5 Jimkats1

Jimkats1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

I wouldn't disagree with adding micro-states, but I don't think we will ever see them actually in-game, as it would bottom-priority for the devs I believe :P.

Hellas 4ever

#6 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:13 AM

No. Devs should reduce the number of countries, starting from the ones with least population, not adding more. 

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#7 Jimkats1

Jimkats1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:11 PM

No. Devs should reduce the number of countries, starting from the ones with least population, not adding more. 

That would mean the start of the end of the game.

Hellas 4ever

#8 Dorit Kemsley

Dorit Kemsley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

So if Im elected leader of Vatican City does that make me de facto the ePope?

• Mitsou, Notrhe and Aart Xander like this

#9 Citizen 2806484

Citizen 2806484

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Locationur mom

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

So if Im elected leader of Vatican City does that make me de facto the ePope?

nope https://en.wikipedia...ican_City_State

• Jimkats1 likes this

screenshot-414.png

#10 William Thomas Riker

William Thomas Riker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

That would mean the start of the end of the game.

How many starts of the end have we had so far anyway?

I don't think removing countries that have 10 voters would contribute to the end of the game. If anything, adding them in the first place helped fuck up the game:

- they enable non-native players with big egos to rule countries, something they are incompetent of, otherwise they would preside over their home countries,

- immigrated population prevents those small countries to receive any significant number of players from RL - goal of CPs and dictators of small countries is to keep their population small so they could rule them, not to attract new players,

- small countries are Training Grounds for big countries, they are one of the main contributors to making the joke out of the military module with all the Training Wars.

• TheJuliusCaesar and Jimkats1 like this

#11 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:48 PM

How many starts of the end have we had so far anyway?

I don't think removing countries that have 10 voters would contribute to the end of the game. If anything, adding them in the first place helped fuck up the game:

- they enable non-native players with big egos to rule countries, something they are incompetent of, otherwise they would preside over their home countries,

- immigrated population prevents those small countries to receive any significant number of players from RL - goal of CPs and dictators of small countries is to keep their population small so they could rule them, not to attract new players,

- small countries are Training Grounds for big countries, they are one of the main contributors to making the joke out of the military module with all the Training Wars.

To elaborate further on this: reducing the number of meaningless small nations also reduces the amount of bonuses and resources there are in the world. As the same big nations can no longer just farm the bonuses of smaller nations, they'd have to fight for the resources with other bigger nations. For instance, currently the Indian subcontinent and MENA are used as a farm for Balkan nations. I'd imagine that without such farms they'd be more prone to fight with each other and generate activity. 

Coupled with removing the TP-medal, which incentivizes senseless countless training wars for profit, would go a great way Making the Battles Great Again. 

• Jimkats1 and William Thomas Riker like this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#12 Mitsou

Mitsou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:58 AM

But how to decide which nations are small? I mean it's posssible that a lot of players doesn't living in thier native nation because it's TO-ed. And it will be TO-ed, because the TO congress won't accept any citizenship application. Endless circle. But I don't know if this is happening or not, just a guess. 

Well I can support that the small countries should get disabled temporaly until they don't have a considerable number of player. The easiest way to consider that a player is from x nation when he have an IP adress from x country. But the hard thin is China. Chinese players have to use VPN because of the Great Wall (yeah this is how it's called :D ), so it's hard to tell how many player are from China.

Also I can support the implementation of all countries too, but with a considerably protection for a long time, while peoples can register or migrate to thier newly added native country safely and estabilish stable economy. 3 months no attack or something. If a country doesn't have enough player at the end, then it will be removed and try next time. And of course it would need a huge outgame campaign. Have erepublik tried TV advertisements or youtube AD yet? It does recuire big budget.

I don't know.... I'm just blablering my toughts whitout any filter :D

Edited by Mitsou, 30 November 2017 - 09:02 AM.

erepublik-badge-125x80.png

#13 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:04 PM

But how to decide which nations are small? I mean it's posssible that a lot of players doesn't living in thier native nation because it's TO-ed. And it will be TO-ed, because the TO congress won't accept any citizenship application. Endless circle. But I don't know if this is happening or not, just a guess. 

Well I can support that the small countries should get disabled temporaly until they don't have a considerable number of player. The easiest way to consider that a player is from x nation when he have an IP adress from x country. But the hard thin is China. Chinese players have to use VPN because of the Great Wall (yeah this is how it's called :D ), so it's hard to tell how many player are from China.

Also I can support the implementation of all countries too, but with a considerably protection for a long time, while peoples can register or migrate to thier newly added native country safely and estabilish stable economy. 3 months no attack or something. If a country doesn't have enough player at the end, then it will be removed and try next time. And of course it would need a huge outgame campaign. Have erepublik tried TV advertisements or youtube AD yet? It does recuire big budget.

I don't know.... I'm just blablering my toughts whitout any filter :D

It would be more or less an arbitrary number. Smallest X nations? Every nation with less than Y players? Haven't looked which would be best. Takeovers are what we made of them. Should every player moving to another country be disqualified of their politics? For how long? Why? It's difficult to determine what exactly is a TO, and I don't really think the number of players not inhabiting their RL nation because of different peeps in govt there is significant. 

I am not a fan of restricting citizens' nations based on their IP, partially for the reasons you mentioned. Earlier erep approached CS's of new nations with a bit more rigor, for instance when Cuba et al. was added. 

The last is a great point. A "safe implementation" of few months is a good idea, though wasn't this too done when they added Cuba, Nigeria and others? But I don't want new nations, that means more bonuses for marginally more (if any) players to farm. I'd think people are tired of status quo and not wishing to enforce it ;) not vice versa.

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: countries, states, e-republics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users