• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 I Am BEAUTIFUL

I Am BEAUTIFUL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

Give your opinions about the current transfer of Gareth Bale. I mean he has amazing speed and shooting, but 115 mil for speed and shooting? I think Isco was the best deal made this whole summer, what an amazing player!

#2 New Faustian Man

New Faustian Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

No chance, what's he even done at Spurs, they didn't even finish in the top 4 last season. He's a decent player but £115M pffft

#3 ardishabutaro

ardishabutaro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSurabaya, Indonesia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

115 mil is a joke from David Levy. He didn't worth the big number of money.

Came with 1 Ballon D'or, or FIFPro player of the year, and we can talk about 90-100 million. Not 115

Freedom of speech means you are free to state your opinion. It doesn't mean that you are free to hurt others feeling. Some things are better left unsaid.

#4 I Am BEAUTIFUL

I Am BEAUTIFUL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

Honestly, I dont even think they discussed 115 mil. Probably its just media hype, no official made any statement of 115 mil.

#5 Kostas S. Stav

Kostas S. Stav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

yeah he's a good player and at a very good age, but not 115 millions...maximum 75-80..

#6 I Am BEAUTIFUL

I Am BEAUTIFUL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

75-80?

We're talking Zidane price there mate

#7 Ayame Crocodile

Ayame Crocodile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

Is Gareth Bale, or indeed any player, worth €115mn is a ridiculous question when you're dealing with such absurd numbers.

But when you compare the stats between Bale and Ronaldo in the season before he was sold for €94mn it's a bit easier to make sense of.

Firstly they would both be around the same age. Gareth Bale has recently turned 24 and Ronaldo was 25 iirc when he was bought by Real Madrid. The season before being bought Ronaldo scored 18 goals in 33 appearances, Bale scored 21 in 33 appearances last season.

Another thing that many forget is that he has only been a Left Winger and really an attacking player for just over 2 years, All these elements of his game, The cutting inside, Running at defences and ridiculously good long shots are a new addition and are only going to get better.

He's always said that Ronaldo is his favourite player and at WHL it's clear he's spending his time in training trying to pick up the same techniques and skills as Ronaldo, and he's doing a pretty good job of it too.

Is he worth €115mn to Real Madrid though?

Probably not, Not yet anyway. He just isn't needed, he's an extravagant expense to try and please the fans and look like they're matching Barca after they picked up Neymar.

Is he worth €115mn to Tottenham?

Yes, Given that Spurs missed out on top 4 by 1 point last season and a technicality the season before and have now strengthened considerably this transfer window it's almost certain with Bale that Top 4 will be achieved this season. That's a huge windfall for Spurs, With Bale still young and developing, so long as he doesn't pick up a catastrophic injury, he'll go for a similar amount next season.

Levy knows what he's doing and it's a well calculated risk. If Bale is sold at this point in the window with only the Europa League to offer the money isn't worth it for the level of player needed to be attracted to the club. If Bale goes for roughly the same next season when Tottenham have Champions League again the money from his transfer will bring in the world class talent that's needed to keep Tottenham in the ascendency.

idZxnlXZwOjad.gif

#8 Magnanimous

Magnanimous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

I fail to see how a striker that has scored only 26 goals all season is worth 85 million pounds. Spurs will never produce another player like that and will never generate a transfer in that amount for decades. 

Cavani 38 goals = €64 million

Falcao 34 goals = €60 million

Bale 26 goals - €100 million

genius-meme.jpg

#9 I Am BEAUTIFUL

I Am BEAUTIFUL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

Well, he isn't really a striker. He is a winger.

I think this is the closest Spurs have been in ages to actually having some strong squad in ages. The next 2 years dictate wether they might become a successful club in the future or not. If Bale stays he gives them a very good chance of succeeding, and if he leaves, the money they receive also gives them such a good chance. I think its a win-win situation for Tottenham, but of course, finding a talent like Bale again would be impossible for Spurs. Note that he joined spurs for virtually no price, and selling for 115 mil, p amazing right.

#10 Ayame Crocodile

Ayame Crocodile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

Well, he isn't really a striker. He is a winger.

I think this is the closest Spurs have been in ages to actually having some strong squad in ages. The next 2 years dictate wether they might become a successful club in the future or not. If Bale stays he gives them a very good chance of succeeding, and if he leaves, the money they receive also gives them such a good chance. I think its a win-win situation for Tottenham, but of course, finding a talent like Bale again would be impossible for Spurs. Note that he joined spurs for virtually no price, and selling for 115 mil, p amazing right.

Spot on. He's not a striker at all, He's a left winger and occasionally 2nd striker.

Part of it now comes down to bragging rights, It's been a very very long time since Spurs fans could say that one of the top 10 or maybe even top 5 players in the world is a Tottenham player.

But either way it's now about making the most of the opportunity that Bales value brings, And I trust Levy to do that.

Edited by Ayame Crocodile, 13 August 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#11 Magnanimous

Magnanimous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

I fail to see why people consider players like Messi, Ronaldo and Bale as wingers. They are not wingers, they are forward wingers, which is technically a striker. Wingers stay in the wings and provide assists to the strikers / second strikers / attacking midfielders that are in the box. 

Beckham is a typical winger. He stays on the wings, does the occasional dribbling and provides balls/crosses. Albert Riera is also a winger during his days with Liverpool, though he is more of a dribbler than a crosser. 

When you have players like Bale, Ronaldo and Messi, who takes more shots than any other player on the pitch, including the strikers, then they are the main focal point of the team. Yes, they usually come in FROM the wings but a winger that hardly produces crosses or assists isn't a winger. 

LW ------------ FC ----------- RW = forwards. 

#12 Ayame Crocodile

Ayame Crocodile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

Well I don't see how you can compare Falcao and Cavani who both play as out and out strikers and target men with Bale who either plays on the Left or Behind a true Striker.

If you expect a winger (even a winger playing in a foward position who cuts inside) to score as many goals as someone like Falcao then you're going to almost always be disappointed.

#13 I Am BEAUTIFUL

I Am BEAUTIFUL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

Actually, players like Ronaldo, Bale and Messi are allowed to play anywhere they want. They can roam from sides to the center. They're not the false 9, they're in the line before that. And they are allowed to be wherever they want.

#14 Mihail1902

Mihail1902

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

This price is a joke.. If Real Madrid wants to buy someone, his price automatically raises a lot. Actually Real don't need a winger, they need a striker.

#15 Callumh123

Callumh123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

It makes no sense for Bale to leave anyway, Tottenham have built a squad more than capable of challenging for a spot in even the top 2. Show some ambition and take the club that gave you a chance to the pinnacle, that's true ambition.

• Ayame Crocodile likes this

Tim_Holtz: "ill rename it the White Pride Party"

#16 BadMail

BadMail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNgapaker's City

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

£115m for player Without trophy LoL

Sorry for My Bad English, I am just a Bad Mail

#17 Ayame Crocodile

Ayame Crocodile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

It makes no sense for Bale to leave anyway, Tottenham have built a squad more than capable of challenging for a spot in even the top 2. Show some ambition and take the club that gave you a chance to the pinnacle, that's true ambition.

Plus AVB has given him the chance to play freely and the way he wants. Sure he'd get CL with Real Madrid and probably Silver Ware quickly, but he won't get the same chance to try new things and roam so freely.

• Callumh123 likes this

#18 Callumh123

Callumh123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Plus AVB has given him the chance to play freely and the way he wants. Sure he'd get CL with Real Madrid and probably Silver Ware quickly, but he won't get the same chance to try new things and roam so freely.

Yup and the fact they have brought in the right players in playing positions in which really needed improving upon. He has a strong supporting cast and a license to do whatever he wants on the pitch, match that with the fat contract he has why would he want to leave?

• Ayame Crocodile likes this

Tim_Holtz: "ill rename it the White Pride Party"

#19 Magnanimous

Magnanimous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Well I don't see how you can compare Falcao and Cavani who both play as out and out strikers and target men with Bale who either plays on the Left or Behind a true Striker.

If you expect a winger (even a winger playing in a foward position who cuts inside) to score as many goals as someone like Falcao then you're going to almost always be disappointed.

For a player to cost €115m and be amongst the "great", such as the Ronaldo's and Messi's, then yes, I expect a winger to score as much goals as the likes of Cavani and Falcao, since Ronaldo and Messi, both "wingers", has scored 55 and 60 goals respectively last season. 

Ronaldo scored 33 goals in 35 appearances in his first season with Madrid. He was a Ballon D'Or and Champions League winner written on his CV, not to mention he is also one of the most marketable athletes in the world. All that for £80m/€96m.

I'm simply trying to comprehend how a player can cost €115m when compared to current / past market because it makes absolutely no sense. 

• Demonaire likes this

#20 Ayame Crocodile

Ayame Crocodile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Because he's the most hyped young player in the world bar perhaps Neymar maybe?

As for marketable he's right up there, he recently trademarked his celebration and a logo for himself. Because he knows as well as anyone that he's set to make a fortune from his own identity.

I agree with you though, He's not worth €115mn to Real or most clubs. Because he's not needed. He is worth that much to Spurs. Thus the price tag.

Try and take the most media hyped and greatest player from any team that's in a good position for the coming season, looking to take the step up to the next level and you'll find they would all ask for equally insane numbers.

Edited by Ayame Crocodile, 13 August 2013 - 03:28 PM.

• Callumh123 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users