•     

Photo

Options For A Better Economy Module

economy production Job Market market work companies

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: What changes want you to see in economy

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Step 1 Change of work

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Step 2 Change in Markets

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Step 3 Change production

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 wschwabe

wschwabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

I want that you vote on three steps that can lead to a better economy module.

Step 1 Work
An increase in the price of work (also the manager work) of 10 energy to 100 energy. In turn, an opening of the job market that everyone can take as much jobs as he can work.
This should suppress the overproduction, and make it easier for newcomers to financial footing.

Step 2 Markets
It should be on all markets the opportunity for both sides make offers.
Instead of just offering a job, it should also be possible to offer work force. Similarly, in the products markets, I sell and / or I buy offers.
This makes it easier for employers to find workers and to negotiate a fair wage. Likewise, newcomers thereby a better idea what offers are good and which are less good.

Step 3 Production
Change in the production of Raws -> products, to Raws + Low-Q-Products -> higher quality products. Likewise, a change of Q7 products on Energy Bars and Stingers. The formula should then be

10xQ6Food + 10Foodraw = 1 Energybar

and weapons

10xQ6Weapon+ 10Weaponraw = 1Stinger

and a Stinger should create an instand-kill with 100k damage.

This would increase the demand for lower quality products and also keep the demand of better products stable despite rising Prices.

You can vote more than one option!

My english is not very well, so please excuse.

wschwabe

edit to explain:

If we take a recharge of 10energy/6min, a wage of 25CC, a price of 10CC and 50% bonus

ATM:

(((((10Q7+50%)*200WRM)/(250WRM+50%))*6min)+6min)/(10Q7+50%)=3min36sec to produce one Q7 weapon

((((10Q7+50%)*10CC)/25CC)*(6min*240))/(10Q7+50%)=576min to buy one Q7 weapon

and 60min to consume one Q7 weapon

You can see the unbalance at the first glance

After my changes:

(((((10Q7+50%)*200WRM)/(250WRM+50%))*60min)+(60min*7))/(10Q7+50%)=60min to produce one Q7 weapon

((((10Q7+50%)*10CC)/25CC)*60min)/(10Q7+50%)=24min to buy one Q7 weapon

and still 60min to consume one Q7 weapon

If you take now the rising prices it seems much more balanced

Edited by wschwabe, 24 June 2014 - 12:26 PM.

• Uzelott and Sansaptak De like this

#2 Ar Ge

Ar Ge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTurkey,Izmir

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

product energy bar nice thoughts

• wschwabe likes this

My profil in game : Ar Ge

#3 Cherry Da

Cherry Da

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:10 AM

In my opinion, it is necessary to reduce a bit production. Then the companies will find it more difficult to buy. Should the prices for the company to raise, and food prices. And will turn out that the company has the maximum for 1-2 months pays for itself. That is, will be beneficial to the players to buy the company. Because now benefits no, people just spend money. It is my personal opinion...

• wschwabe likes this

#4 wschwabe

wschwabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:41 AM

In my opinion, it is necessary to reduce a bit production. Then the companies will find it more difficult to buy. Should the prices for the company to raise, and food prices. And will turn out that the company has the maximum for 1-2 months pays for itself. That is, will be beneficial to the players to buy the company. Because now benefits no, people just spend money. It is my personal opinion...

I hope with my suggested changes it should be possible that companies work beneficial and the pay back time will be much shorter than it is atm.

The first suggestion should reduce the production to a level when production and demand is in balance. My second step should keep the balance, and the third should keep demand at raising prices. 

But over all three steps I thouhght about the way to implement it into the game and these suggestion will be easy to implement in a short time. Because when there will be no solution soon, erepublik will loose more and more players.

• Cherry Da and Sansaptak De like this

#5 CornelB

CornelB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

An increase in the price of work (also the manager work) of 10 energy to 100 energy. 

1 food factory + 3-4 FRM (grain/whatever) = 400 energy.

Considering that a new account has 500 energy (+500 in energy pool) this would limit fighting and DRASTICALLY drop the (already low) retention rate.

This should suppress the overproduction, and make it easier for newcomers to financial footing

The wages would drop drastically, and it will end up amounting to the same overall salary, with just more energy consumed.

Step 2 Markets
It should be on all markets the opportunity for both sides make offers.

current scenario:

i sell weapons 500 @ 10cc. i place offer on market. if someone else wants to sell before me, he places @ 9.99 or lower.

your scenario:

x places a buy order for 100 weapons @ ... 5(?)cc.

y places a buy order for 100 weapons @ 10cc

z places a buy order for 100 weapons @ 10.01cc

I will sell my 100 weapons @10.01cc, 100weapons @ 10cc, and place the rest on sale al 10cc

I dont see any .... visible difference / gain here.

Change in the production of Raws -> products, to Raws + Low-Q-Products -> higher quality products.

While that may seem like a good idea at first, consider this:

1 weapon q1 = 10 raw.

1 weapon q2 = 1xq1 + a raw (10+a raw, twice the work units and taxes )

1 weapon q3 = 1xq2 + b raw (10+a+b raw, three times the work units and taxes )
1 weapon q4 = 1xq3 + c raw (10+a+b+c raw, four times the work units and taxes )
1 weapon q5 = 1xq4 + d raw (10+a+b+c+d raw, five times the work units and taxes )
1 weapon q6 = 1xq5 + e raw (10+a+b+c+d+e raw, six times the work units and taxes )
1 weapon q7 = 1xq6 + f raw (10+a+b+c+d+e+f raw, seven times the work units and taxes )

Now if we combine this with the 100 energy/work idea, we get .... an INSANE amount of energy per item.

Also, people have gotten used to fighting with weapons. at least Q1.

It's not like beta / v1 where fighting with weapons was a holiday itself.

and a Stinger should create an instand-kill with 100k damage.

So basically a bazooka with more damage.

What if i have more than 100k/hit ?

Likewise, a change of Q7 products on Energy Bars

Theoretically, the market is already there. And has been for the past 3-4 years http://www.erepublik...y/market/1/1/10

But since EB's are the main (only?) source of income for Admins, this is very very VERY unlikely to happen.

• Endritt Zekka likes this

#6 wschwabe

wschwabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

1 food factory + 3-4 FRM (grain/whatever) = 400 energy.

The sense is that managers with 10 or more factories produces that much that there is in fact no market at the moment.

The wages would drop drastically, and it will end up amounting to the same overall salary, with just more energy consumed.

I don´t think that the wages will drop that much because there are a lot of jobs without workers and in addition with the higher energy it will keep prices stable at a beneficial level.

I dont see any .... visible difference / gain here.

The difference is that a lot from the black market will come back to the official market and taxes will be gained also newbees will see the gaps between buy and sell and con see so if the lowest/highest offer is a good one or not.

Now if we combine this with the 100 energy/work idea, we get .... an INSANE amount of energy per item.

But newer player can produce only q1 or q2 weapons and there is noone to buy that kind of weapons. Only some richfags with q7-factories make profit if this don´t change soon there will be noone left to buy anything.   

What if i have more than 100k/hit ?

You can buy q6-weapons they would stay the same as usual.

But since EB's are the main (only?) source of income for Admins, this is very very VERY unlikely to happen.

This would be sad because q7-food is not and will never be competitive

Something will happen and more or less citizens will be the loser then.

• Cherry Da likes this

#7 wschwabe

wschwabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

1 weapon q7 = 1xq6 + f raw (10+a+b+c+d+e+f raw, seven times the work units and taxes )

Oh, and now there is another amount?

1 weapon q7 = 200 raw (10+10+10+10+10+10+140 raw , only the needed work units (Jobs!) and taxes will increase)

#8 ahava3233

ahava3233

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

You're looking at this the wrong way, and adding EB companies would completely break the game.  Those with RL money would be able to put their money to use even more so.

Step 1:

BRING BACK MOVING TICKET COMPANIES AND OIL.  Get rid of the current flat cost move option.

Step 2:

Create Bazooka Booster Factories (Q1-Q7) with an associated raw material (explosives or yellowcake?).  This would make it so bazooka aren't useless for high str players.

Step 3:

Allow publicly traded companies/companies owned by more than one individual.

Step 4:

Bring back structures but allow governments to create them using raws, food, or weapons rather than requiring unique companies for them.

Step 5:

Institute a trading function in the storage module to allow for secure transactions off the marketplace.

Step 6:

Get rid of those stupid import licenses...they are redundant given the existence of import taxes.

Step 7:

Create some sort of Economic skill to determine peoples' production

Step 8:

Reform strength training to make its growth asymptotic (so high str players won't be able to maintain their advantage indefinitely)

Edited by ahava3233, 20 June 2014 - 05:07 PM.

• Pavlike and Ja nisam Bosko Buha like this

#9 wschwabe

wschwabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

Step 1:

BRING BACK MOVING TICKET COMPANIES AND OIL.  Get rid of the current flat cost move option.

This is just another product to make the rich even richer.

Step 2:

Create Bazooka Booster Factories (Q1-Q7) with an associated raw material (explosives or yellowcake?).  This would make it so bazooka aren't useless for high str players.

The same as step one. Bazookas are good for new players and for the stronger players if they need kills for a challenge.

Step 3:

Allow publicly traded companies/companies owned by more than one individual.

Just open the doors for thiefs.

Step 4:

Bring back structures but allow governments to create them using raws, food, or weapons rather than requiring unique companies for them.

And still more over-production.

Step 5:

Institute a trading function in the storage module to allow for secure transactions off the marketplace.

And the winner is,.... not the community.

Step 6:

Get rid of those stupid import licenses...they are redundant given the existence of import taxes.

Here I´m with you :)

Step 7:

Create some sort of Economic skill to determine peoples' production

Newbees not welcome?

Step 8:

Reform strength training to make its growth asymptotic (so high str players won't be able to maintain their advantage indefinitely)

Totally agree!!!

I would also like a more complex system, but we need a solution soon and not after all players gone.

I don´t tell my options should be the last changes, but it will be the fastest interim solution.

#10 ronnyJnrJnr

ronnyJnrJnr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

none of these are very good ideas,so Plato will no doubt implement them but until such time (likely 2019) or after, shut up and buy gold

TJ1AJkd5QRuW_2KZlQiABA.png

#11 wschwabe

wschwabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

Please tell me, how to make it better without 5 years of programming.

Edited by wschwabe, 22 June 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#12 HonoreDeBalzac

HonoreDeBalzac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

Changes will fix the economy for 1 via 2,3 months and the prices will collapse again.

The carcinoma of this model is "work as manager". Restriction to eg 15-20wam/day or total suppression.

#13 wschwabe

wschwabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

This is why I suggested that work should need 100 energy, so WaM would be massive suppressed.

Edited by wschwabe, 22 June 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#14 Tiger Macedonia

Tiger Macedonia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

I have around 130 companies that I work in every day. Making it 100 energy for WaM would definitely kill me. How would Plato make up for all the gold that I have invested in those companies and can't work in? (if we imagine that this change would happen) But yes I agree that there is a hyper production. So the solution would be either to make it more difficult to produce or more energy to consume and fight more idk.

#15 wschwabe

wschwabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

More energy to consume, would bring also more production. This will never be a solution.
With my suggestion of more jobs for a single worker, you will not lose all your investments because there will be workers in your factories and the definetly rising prices will bring you more profit.
I agree that it would be hard to take for citizens like you with that much companies, but it is a necessary change to suppress this excessive WaM.

#16 Henry Pfeiffer Arundel

Henry Pfeiffer Arundel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

oh look, massive oversimplification of the issues at hand.

#17 wschwabe

wschwabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

To explain:

If we take a recharge of 10energy/6min, a wage of 25CC, a price of 10CC and 50% bonus

ATM:

(((((10Q7+50%)*200WRM)/(250WRM+50%))*6min)+6min)/(10Q7+50%)=3min36sec to produce one Q7 weapon

((((10Q7+50%)*10CC)/25CC)*(6min*240))/(10Q7+50%)=576min to buy one Q7 weapon

and 60min to consume one Q7 weapon

You can see the unbalance at the first glance

After my changes:

(((((10Q7+50%)*200WRM)/(250WRM+50%))*60min)+(60min*7))/(10Q7+50%)=60min to produce one Q7 weapon

((((10Q7+50%)*10CC)/25CC)*60min)/(10Q7+50%)=24min to buy one Q7 weapon

and still 60min to consume one Q7 weapon

If you take now the rising prices it seems much more balanced

Is it still oversimplified?

Edited by wschwabe, 24 June 2014 - 09:22 AM.

• Kanselier likes this

#18 Kanselier

Kanselier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

v

BECOME A BELGIAN CITIZEN!

http://www.erepublik...society/Belgium

#19 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

i think this is actually an idea worth thinking about and you don't see these often. i really like the 100 energy per work that makes a lot of sense or at least a higher number doing so people will need to either fight and consume goods or work and produce them creating more balance and people would only have a few companies and would hire more employees. then they will also require more food so it rises food prices 

• wschwabe likes this

#20 marko_reaper

marko_reaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

main problem is overproduction.

To solve that we would have to spend not only credits (ingame money), but supplies as well , and only way to spend it its while fighting.

and as most of players simple cant fight much as they could afford as they dont have enough energy

Now main cause of overproduciton is simple, players dont have enough energy.

I will take my self for example, with basic energy recovery i have to spend over 16hours per day just collecting energy just to work and train, and thats if nothing is wasted which leaves me if im lucky with enough energy to do DO.

I know not everyone is like me, or have so many companies, but to be able to afford weapons i had to build up my production first, and all players are facing same problem, first we have to be able to support our accounts so that we can fight.

To put it simple, if we had more energy we and more place to store that acumulated energy we would be able to spend more and that would kick start economy.

Now from time to time i did buy this booster pack, but buying that pack all the time is not solution to ingame problems and i dont see my self in near future supporting this game, unless something change on better, as its just waste of money the way i see it atm.

Edited by marko_reaper, 11 August 2014 - 08:18 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: economy, production, Job Market, market, work, companies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users