EDIT Day 2,408 3:15 eRepublik time: Unlike stated earlier, the Bazookas with an upgraded damage won't give you extra rank points!
While the World Cup moves forward in Brazil, a better kind of Cup is about to start in the New World.
Of course, we don’t call them teams in eRepublik - we call them Military Units. Fight together with your mates from the Military Unit to win amazing prizes for you and your country. Wondering what qualifies as an amazing prize? Besides cash, Energy Bars, Training Contracts and such, try to wrap your head around this:
Up to 75 x Bazooka Damage!!
Whoa, that’s 750.000 damage/hit, or 2.250.000 damage for each Bazooka! That’s some major firepower, regardless of your Strength!
- The New World Cup starts on Day 2,408 and lasts until the end of Day 2,414.
- Citizen’s damage and hits contribute to the Military Unit and Regiment he or she was in at the beginning of the tournament, on Day 2,408 0:00 eRepublik time.
- Resigning or moving to another Military Unit / Regiment during the tournament won’t have any effect on the tournament.
- If a citizen is not a member of any Military Unit when the New World Cup starts, damage will be counted for the first Military Unit he or she joins.
- If a citizen advances to a higher Division during the tournament, his damage will still count for the Division he was in at the beginning of the tournament. He will also receive prizes according to his initial Division.
Military Unit Competition
In order to be eligible for any rewards of the New World Cup, citizens must reach a target of 500 Prestige Points by the end of the tournament!
If a Military Unit gets to top 3 in many divisions in their country, the rewards are combined.
For example, if a Polish Military Unit POW finishes 1st in Division 4 and 2nd in Division 3, a contributing player from Division 4 will receive:
- 12 days of -99% Training Contract
- 12 Energy Bars
- 12 +50% Damage Boosters of 20 minutes
- The timer of any current Training Contract owned by a citizen will freeze for the duration of the new -99% Training Contract. After the new contract expires, the old contract will be resumed.
During the New World Cup, Citizens can earn unique Decorations for their profiles.
- If the Military Unit is ranked 1st in the Leaderboard for Division X in its country, all the Divison X members will get a Decoration on their profile.
- If the Military Unit is ranked 2nd in the Leaderboard for Division X in its country, all the Divison X members will get a Decoration on their profile.
- If the Military Unit is ranked 3rd in the Leaderboard for Division X in its country, all the Divison X members will get a Decoration on their profile.
- A Decoration for every member of the top 25 Regiments in the world (ranking is based on damage).
Military Unit rewards
Military Units will receive points for their position in the country leaderboards of all 4 divisions:
- For each 1st place: 5 points
- For each 2nd place: 2 points
- For each 3rd place: 1 point
Each point will result in the Military Unit winning more currency to their Military Unit’s account. The currency reward is calculated using the following formula:
(Points / 30) * Number of opponents the Military Unit defeats during the tournament
For example, if a Military Unit gets 8 points and defeats 60,000 opponents, their reward will be 16,000 currency. With 0 points, no matter how many opponents they defeat, the reward will be 0 currency.
Military Unit Decorations
- A Decoration for the Military Unit dealing the highest amount of damage in Division X, in country Y
- A Decoration for the Military Unit dealing the 2nd highest amount of damage in Division X, in country Y
- A Decoration for the Military Unit dealing the 3rd highest amount of damage in Division X, in country Y
The total number of Prestige Points achieved by a Regiment will award a temporary damage upgrade to Bazookas.
*) The required amount of Prestige Points is calculated based on 35 members reaching a certain amount of Prestige Points. The milestones listed above are the same for every Regiment, no matter how many members they have. So the above example applies to everyone and the first column just explains how the requirements were calculated.
Please notice that Bazooka Boosters, if you have any, will be added on top of the multiplier. The temporary damage upgrade will expire 7 days after the end of the tournament, at the end of Day 2,421.
Apart from the rewards given based on Military Unit’s performance on a national scale, a separate international Regiment Leaderboard can be found in the Weekly Leaderboards. The ranking will be based on damage.
Regiment rewards from the Regiment Competition
- Top 25 Regiments worldwide will get an Elite Status and 50,000 currency for their Military Unit, plus 250,000 currency divided evenly between all the members of that Regiment.
- With the Elite Status a Military Unit is able to set their Daily Order anywhere and on any side without restrictions.
- If a Military Unit manages to get, for example, 3 regiments to Top 25, the Military unit will get 3*50,000 = 150,000 currency for its account.
Countries will be ranked based on the number of Military Unit Regiments they have in the Top 100 worldwide leaderboard at the end of the New World Cup.
Countries with the biggest number of Regiments in the Top 100 will receive:
- 1st place: +1 Determination Bonus for 10 days in all battles
- 2nd place: +1 Determination Bonus for 10 days when attacking
- 3rd place: +0.5 Determination Bonus for 10 days when attacking
In addition, 8 countries with the most Regiments in the Top 100 will qualify for the New World Cup Final! If several countries will end up on 8th place with the same number of Regiments, all of them enter the Final stage. More information about the New World Cup Final will follow later!
Please notice that the rewards will be added after the New World Cup ends. We’ll provide more details about the reward distribution later.
The rules are a bit complex so feel free to ask questions!
Questions & Answers:
Q: I don't understand the Regiment rewards. Are my milestones different from another Military Unit?
A: No, everyone has the same requirements, no matter if your Regiment has 1 member or 50 members.
Q: Is the Elite Status permanent? We won it in the last tournament, will it be gone after this one?
A: Yes, it's "permanent". And if you have it already from the past tournaments, you won't lose it.
Q: My Citizenship is X but my Military Unit is from Y. Is it a problem? Will I get the same rewards as other members of the MU?
A: No it's not a problem. And yes, you get the same rewards. Your Citizenship won't affect any aspect of this tournament. Everything is determined by the Military Unit and its location.
Q: I'm above level 200 and Training Contract days are useless for me. Give me something better!
A: Instead of the Training Contracts, you'll get the same amount of 2x Energy Bars!
Q: Does the extra Bazooka damage give me extra rank points as well?
Yes, you will get the rank points according to the damage you deal. No, it will not grant you extra rank points (edit made on Day 2,408 3:15 eRepublik time).
Q: Are the damage upgrades to Bazookas given "on the fly", during the tournament? And when does the damage upgrade expire?
A: Yes, you will receive the damage upgrades to Bazookas when your Regiment reaches the milestone. The damage upgrade expires 7 days after the end of the tournament. That's the end of Day 2,421.
Edited by Petsku, 24 June 2014 - 10:20 AM.
Added questions and answers