#1 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Canada

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

hi , 

so an occupied country can have a country president but not a congress? this makes no sense , why can't they have a congress ? number of members equal to number of original regions ? 

a country without congress stays without treasury funding thus a dying community.. 

if we had a congress we would have lower the worker tax but as it stands right now, players are quitting in numbers and the game has become not playable when you have to pay 25% worker tax and have no funding for your community  

a wiped out country should have congress election number of members = number of original regions ( or even 50% of it)

an occupied country's congress members do not receive rewards , they cannot impeach president , they can only propose laws to transfer funds and change taxation. if you wish you could call them Resistance Board or something like that ... 

Edited by Maxwell Wolf, 12 August 2013 - 03:21 PM.

• SGTRock, Kay Flash, QcReaction and 1 other like this

#2 Wikasyah

Wikasyah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Pertamax

#3 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMalaysia | eSerb | eMy

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

erepublik team should aware of this, i hope wiped country should have congress..
Agree with this

• SGTRock likes this

Profile Link
Valuable Posts Makes Difference

#4 BGLunatic

BGLunatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

I support this, but it could be something like one country is wiped, the congress will have less people in it..

Cheers!

#5 Marinos98

Marinos98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationMACEDONIA

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

hmm maybe

q74d.jpg

#6 stefanutz11

stefanutz11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

NOOOO!!! Why to do this??? Congress gives you some advantages. You have to fight for them.

• candymanson likes this

#7 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

NOOOO!!! Why to do this??? Congress gives you some advantages. You have to fight for them.

congress let you sustain a community, let you play the game .. i think loosing bonuses is enough penalty for wiped out countries 

#8 Kaad

Kaad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Let say a congress of a country will get no reward for being elected but will get get the power to start and votes some laws. But we can't put cp impeachement in those laws. Some countries are obliged to be wiped to avoid congress impeached the CP and pass damaging laws.

• Johnny jnr likes this

#9 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Let say a congress of a country will get no reward for being elected but will get get the power to start and votes some laws. But we can't put cp impeachement in those laws. Some countries are obliged to be wiped to avoid congress impeached the CP and pass damaging laws.

I agree with this 

#10 drakantas

drakantas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationPerú

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

No nº congressman = nº regions simple and easy.

#11 candymanson

candymanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

In real life, how would a congress work and dispose of national treasury, if the country is conquered? I don't think this is a good idea. The problem you describe is real, but as someone said it before: fight for it.

#12 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

In real life, how would a congress work and dispose of national treasury, if the country is conquered? I don't think this is a good idea. The problem you describe is real, but as someone said it before: fight for it.

in real life an occupied country cannot have a president either : )  this is a game and since congress represent an important factor to sustain a community and being able to play the game , i think it is fair to be able to have one even if wiped out.. also what Kaad mention makes sense .. let there be no rewards etc 

#13 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

No.

Conquered countrys already dont suffer enough peneltaty shouldnt make the conquered status even less penalizing.

#14 candymanson

candymanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Having no congress makes it all better to wipe off a country, and a lot worse so as not to get wiped off. The punishment is high, but that's what helps people keep fighting.

#15 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

Having no congress makes it all better to wipe off a country, and a lot worse so as not to get wiped off. The punishment is high, but that's what helps people keep fighting.

how will small countries survive then? they will quit! you cannot invite friends to play a game that is not playable :) really by the end of it only couple of countries will be left the rest will just quit 

#16 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

in real life an occupied country cannot have a president either : )  this is a game and since congress represent an important factor to sustain a community and being able to play the game , i think it is fair to be able to have one even if wiped out.. also what Kaad mention makes sense .. let there be no rewards etc 

They can have underground government, and it's really common. But having congress is not good idea - president can organise RWs to get country free, but congress mostly votes laws, which apply to the terretories, so if country is conquered, changing tax is just... not really what it should be. And CP in wiped country is just person who should organise defence against agressor.

#17 RikW

RikW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

I think it's a good idea to do this, or make it much harder to keep a country wiped

#18 Maxwell Wolf

Maxwell Wolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

all i'm asking is some fairness , in real life you don't put a light feather boxer against a heavy one : )  the fact that a small country cannot play the political module ( i.e. get a congress thus funds its community) is devastating. 

an wiped out country should have congress election number of members = number of original regions .. 

an occupied country's congress members do not receive rewards , they cannot impeach president , they can only propose laws to transfer funds and change taxation. if you wish you could call them Resistance Board or something like that ... 

#19 Marishaa

Marishaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

hi , 

so an occupied country can have a country president but not a congress? this makes no sense , why can't they have a congress ? number of members equal to number of original regions ? 

a country without congress stays without treasury funding thus a dying community.. 

if we had a congress we would have lower the worker tax but as it stands right now, players are quitting in numbers and the game has become not playable when you have to pay 25% worker tax and have no funding for your community  

a wiped out country should have congress election number of members = number of original regions .. 

They shouldn't have equal to their original regions maybe half of the minimum.

#20 Magic

Magic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

all i'm asking is some fairness , in real life you don't put a light feather boxer against a heavy one : )  the fact that a small country cannot play the political module ( i.e. get a congress thus funds its community) is devastating. 

an wiped out country should have congress election number of members = number of original regions .. 

Change taxation of what, of which terretories? Ones, which belong to other country? Law to transfer funds is the only acceptable one(the funds are "hidden" from the agressor so he can't take them, and gov should have an option to take 'em out to fight for freedom).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users