•     

Photo

Freedom Fighter & Taxation Of Occupied Regions

regions war achievements freedom fighter taxation economy country administration fight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#121 Director9

Director9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

I fully understand the principle of increased revenue from an occupied region, but at the same time, a region should need to be subdued all the time. This means it should cost the occupier at the same time resources (wether it'd be money/gold/food/weapons/soldiers in that region=this last would be my favorite as it resembles more closely how it occupation should be). A kind of 'Friendwall' which add to a RW in terms of Shield damage(for that region only). Neglecting this wall will cause it to crumble till a point where it'll start to add a shield like damage to the Resistance side, enemies might be able to donate weapons/food to make permanent pressure on this Occupation wall. If at the same time, like some already proposed, you make moving compulsory to fight in a region, for example only in adjacent regions you can place an attack, to defend you need to move into a region, and make moving timebased (with a difference between MPP/enemy/standaard regions) then at the very minimum you'll introduce some kind of strategy into the game. Large empires will have to be smarter in terms of troop movement and keep a close eye on the the status of each region.

Unless of course, the whole purpose of this game is to simplify even more, and all you really want to attract is players with an IQ of 0 who just want to spend money and click.

The Freedom fighter medals, just another medal, like the leaderboard damage medals and stuff, designed to make players buy gold just to get it.

#122 cc1432

cc1432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Also what i want to see from the moment they will introduce the nwe taxation system is a table with taxes, based on their source. Basically, if we have 1000 cc for a 24h cycle, i want to see 800 from core regions, 150 from country A conquered regions and 50 from country B conquered regions. This will introduce a bit of brain when it comes what should be controlled and what not.

Nice to see that we have this ! :)

I am bound by rationality !

#123 MitkoRadev

MitkoRadev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

As there was a day of delay I hoped Plato was considering the people's negative response to the killing tax...
Poor me, I am so wrong  ....

Edited by MitkoRadev, 15 November 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#124 Sophia Forrester

Sophia Forrester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

The first in each country to earn the medal will be recognized with a decoration.  I am wondering, if two people earn the medal from the same third Resistance War, who will be decorated?  Is it the one who got to 25 fights in all three first?

#125 cc1432

cc1432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Please note that if many players fight in the same successful Resistance Wars, and get the medals at the same time, the ones defeating the required amount of opponents first will have the priority when the Decorations are awarded.

Basically if you want to get the decoration, you have to risk by doing the kills when the fight is in the 1st rounds.

Edited by cc1432, 15 November 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#126 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

In what world do you life.  Stronger countries rule?  Where ?  Poland a strong country!  You want to compare Poland to the USA in RL lets be fair compare  California to Poland who wins California u nump.  Also a country like eIreland have a lot of real life irish players and U.S. players with irish heritage playing this why should all of their countries money be taken from them and they not be able to do anything as a country .  This is not real life  B) this is Plato trolling eRepublik .  Even the smallest piss poor country in RL is able to form agreements with other countries and get taxes from their citizens and have some sort of government.  I mean look at your own RL government they are even able to provide their citizens a wasted education  :lol:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Whatever you say in your frustration. You cant and wont change anything.

If you dont like this change you can leave.Majority supports of this change only lazy players from countries with 10 RL player protesting. 

Its your failure you couldnt organize a babyboom so you deserve to be wiped forever.

hahaha

#127 nnook96

nnook96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

Whatever you say in your frustration. You cant and wont change anything.

If you dont like this change you can leave.Majority supports of this change only lazy players from countries with 10 RL player protesting. 

Its your failure you couldnt organize a babyboom so you deserve to be wiped forever.

hahaha

i dont understand how you can be pro this idea, this will result in that a lage portion off the small contrys population will leve the game. with this change a majorety off the contrys will not have egnof money to buy mpps wich will result in that poland,sebia ect will steamrolll evrything because any recistance is imposible without mpp.

with feuer fights there will be no need to buy gold in large cuanteties,wich will result in a loss off profit for plato.

so plz explain to me what the pros are off this change

#128 Nobody.ua

Nobody.ua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Taxation update is going to destroy small countries even further. Big countries have double the production of small countries (due to the fact that they own the regions), but it wasn't enough. Now occupied country gets almost no taxes anymore. This is a disaster. How are we supposed to build a community in such a situation, in a situation where we have reached a point of no return...

Game should have some balance and some incentives for both stronger and weaker side. Such game mechanics lead to something like "deflationary spiral" in economics. What happens if winning side is totally dominating the game:

1. Loosing side starts to loose players, it becomes harder and harder to get new ones. It becomes weaker and weaker.

Why would players from the loosing side pay for anything in this game if they have NO CHANCE to win?

2. Winning side faces less and less competition from the loosing side. Players from the winning side are getting bored because they face no competition. Players from the winning side start leaving the game as well

Why would players from the winning side pay if they are winning ANYWAY?

To stop this you have to give some chance in this game for all countries: keep balance, keep competition(!) and each country will be able to bring some baby boom: more players means more paying players on average. Give everyone a chance to play and you'll get a chance to earn more.

• Reynas likes this

#129 l Foster l

l Foster l

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

If we have guerilla fights put medals for it. For example 10 win 1st medal, 50 win 2nd, 100 third and so on.

#130 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Taxation update is going to destroy small countries even further. Big countries have double the production of small countries (due to the fact that they own the regions), but it wasn't enough. Now occupied country gets almost no taxes anymore. This is a disaster. How are we supposed to build a community in such a situation, in a situation where we have reached a point of no return...

Game should have some balance and some incentives for both stronger and weaker side. Such game mechanics lead to something like "deflationary spiral" in economics. What happens if winning side is totally dominating the game:

1. Loosing side starts to loose players, it becomes harder and harder to get new ones. It becomes weaker and weaker.

Why would players from the loosing side pay for anything in this game if they have NO CHANCE to win?

2. Winning side faces less and less competition from the loosing side. Players from the winning side are getting bored because they face no competition. Players from the winning side start leaving the game as well

Why would players from the winning side pay if they are winning ANYWAY?

To stop this you have to give some chance in this game for all countries: keep balance, keep competition(!) and each country will be able to bring some baby boom: more players means more paying players on average. Give everyone a chance to play and you'll get a chance to earn more.

I can ask an other way...

If being small country would mean insane bonus which you suggest why would anybody try to get more player?

Less player = small country = become invencible

more player (hundreds/thousands) = getting peneltalty just because 10 player from a small country wishes so

Sorry but this will never happen and it never should happen

#131 Nobody.ua

Nobody.ua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

Big country should face competition in any way. What will big country do if there is none to fight? Game won and over? Boosting defence of small countries is the only way to continue the game

Edited by Nobody.ua, 15 November 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#132 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

Big country should face competition in any way. What will big country do if there is none to fight? Boosting defence of small countries is the only way to achieve it.

Will enjoy bonuses.

#133 cc1432

cc1432

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

Big country should face competition in any way. What will big country do if there is none to fight? Game won and over? Boosting defence of small countries is the only way to continue the game

I am sorry to disappoint you but this is not how this game was and is conceived. This rule of the game was: if you are with your back against the wall, you have only 1 option : massive BB so that in the short time you can have the upper hand. This was the way it worked in V1, but the problem is that this mechanic is broken since the game is unappealing to new players. And this is Plato's fault. If you hope to get any other form of help you won't get it as the admins don't want you to feel comfortable being small or medium, but to try and grow to outperform your opponent in number when quality is not enough. 

In 5 years of erepublik the only balancing that took place in the military module was from the perspective of attacker vs defender, but never big vs small, it wouldn't make sense. This is why your entire debate is mostly pointless. If a small community can take on a bigger community on equal footing given the quality of players is the same ( and statistically it is similar), then there is no real incentive to bring new players, while the purpose of this game is to use this dramatic difference (small vs big countries) into the motivation for spreading the game and growing the communities.

PS: 0ba955b59a878295f9a36ef97d0b7167.png

Edited by cc1432, 16 November 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#134 Shiina Sayane

Shiina Sayane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

If a small community can take on a bigger community on equal footing given the quality of players is the same ( and statistically it is similar), then there is no real incentive to bring new players, while the purpose of this game is to use this dramatic difference (small vs big countries) into the motivation for spreading the game and growing the communities.

This.

#135 CheetahCurtis

CheetahCurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

I would like to point out that quite a few countries have started to either win RW's or make it a closer RW since the admins added this new medal in. Not sure if it will go back to normal in a few weeks but a guess occupied countries have a little bit more of a chance.

AddJamaica_zpsb400a626.png

Add Caribbean Countries to eRepublik: http://tinyurl.com/kfrslg9

​I also eat babies and push elderly people off cliffs.

#136 Nobody.ua

Nobody.ua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

I am sorry to disappoint you but this is not how this game was and is conceived. This rule of the game was: if you are with your back against the wall, you have only 1 option : massive BB so that in the short time you can have the upper hand. This was the way it worked in V1, but the problem is that this mechanic is broken since the game is unappealing to new players. And this is Plato's fault. If you hope to get any other form of help you won't get it as the admins don't want you to feel comfortable being small or medium, but to try and grow to outperform your opponent in number when quality is not enough. 

In 5 years of erepublik the only balancing that took place in the military module was from the perspective of attacker vs defender, but never big vs small, it wouldn't make sense. This is why your entire debate is mostly pointless. If a small community can take on a bigger community on equal footing given the quality of players is the same ( and statistically it is similar), then there is no real incentive to bring new players, while the purpose of this game is to use this dramatic difference (small vs big countries) into the motivation for spreading the game and growing the communities.

1. If the mechanics of the game is broken you have two possibilities - to fix or change it. Or in most cases to something in the middle of it.

2. When I'm talking about small countries this is actually the same as talking about defence (just using other word for it), like the bonus tax for occupied country: this is a clear defender bonus that I was suggesting. And now this attacker - defender balancing is going in the wrong direction: attackers are winning and getting more and more advantage out of it: they have double production and now they are taking away 80% of the occupied country tax. This is a system that gives no chance for defender to go back.

3. Small community should have a possibility to become equally strong when it reaches the same size. But it's impossible since Initial attacker has double production and 80% taxes of occupied country.

I don't mean that this should be the only change in the game, but I want to point out that recent taxation change is a mistake, it changes ingame balance into the wrong direction. It is a part of broken mechanics that blocks the possibility of BB in a defender (in most cases smaller) country

• Reynas likes this

#137 Syz2

Syz2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

People wont be able to liberate their regions for the medal if they give all of their tax money to the occupiers. This is not a good idea.

• Rusto and Yakou like this

#138 AlexMCS182

AlexMCS182

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

http://battle-watche...igns/country/65

http://battle-watche...igns/country/35

Nothing has changed except that tax revenue is divided by five for small countries. BY FIVE !!!

Let me give you 1 advice: remove/limit stupid NE law, or the end of erep is close.

PS: VIVE LA FRANCE §§

• Yakou likes this

#139 Zlatko Milovanovic

Zlatko Milovanovic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hello,
i had 25 kills for canada against spain in rw and recieve confirmation in alert http://prntscr.com/24fjcnbut when i go to my profile it sais that i still need to liberate 3 more regions? http://prntscr.com/24fjl2 why is that hapening? its same with every medal, for every medal i need to complete 4 country instead of 3 :/

#140 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

china above is getting quite annoying.  soon i will have to kill you in one of my stories in a most brutal way.  I used to operate a jukebox and when I compiled music cd's to play in it one always had one or more tracks that you couldnt cut on the cd.  later on i learned its easy cut out the music that people wont miss.  this is the same principle.  i am certain china want to argue forever that if this law wasnt implicated that countries like poland would have been robbed.  however going by analogy this is the kind of change they simply didnt need didnt ask for and certainly didnt deserve.

now take a small country like denmark smallest country.  now china use a fallacy througout all of his stupid arguments and that is that these small countries is used by players to get cp and cabinet positions or congress medals as there are only in his totally false argument only 10 persons in these countries.  now china there actually aint your just lieing for the sake of winning the argument.  in fact your just being an ass.  going by the same analogy we already pointed out that this law wont really be a massive hit for poland on the other hand it will drive out customers in denmark as it certainly dont need it, didnt ask for it and certainly didnt deserve it.

all that this is , is chaos programming.  when you dont know how to increase player number or revenue when you dont  know how to stop the rot throw any and all code at the program maybe it will change something.  case in point a game like the west at one point r0mbo can confirm this i had every piece of inventory in that game all the shinies anyway.  then they just started convulsing shinies and one would need a big bank loan to keep up with their craziness.  now the game is some kind of scrapbooking crap.

games is like anything when its going good nobody is taking notes or assessing why that is(all business work like this) when it goes bad there is nothing to return to and we must now evolve into chaos programming.  when poland gets 1500 from indonesia and indonesia gets 300 indonesians players have a sincere and serious headache.  their government must now return to cash strapped citizens to pick up the slack created by the game when their already behind due to not having any bonuses.  there is just nothing good i can see in this.  The citizens in a big country might feel now a sense of guilt for occupying another countries regions.  the occupied countries players might start screaming hatred in their articles.  you know when a game goes past a certain emotion a player must make a decision leave the game and return to a normal life or keep on with the madness .  every bloody occupied country wanting their regions back 24/7 is craziness it will cause this game to evolve into overdirve mode and players will leave by the droves when their normal life begin to suffer due to playing this game too long per day.

online games is rather stupid because they usually hire game designers etc but these game designers never go to the stakeholders (basics of design ) and actually tell them i want to do  this stupid crazed ass thing what you think.

mh4l.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: regions, war, achievements, freedom fighter, taxation, economy, country administration, fight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users