•     

Photo

[Campaign] Let's Not Buy Gold For 1 Week!

Economy

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Don't Buy gold

Agreed not to buy gold for 1 week?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you think that not buying gold will improve the current economy situation

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you think that Goldbuyers caused this broken economy or it's all plato fault?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Luke Braferd

Luke Braferd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationClassified Information

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

A weeks ban on purchasing gold will not fix the economy, but it will get admin's attention.  

But the real question is:  will this topic be deleted ???

It's anti-plato....  well, we will see

here is a poll about just that:

http://forum.erepubl...ed-with-a-poll/

read & vote

no, :P
it's not "anti-plato" although some comments & some votes are likely anti-plato stuff. 
i will be sure this thread won't be deleted by mod. 

q8 factories?    can be nice thing if make them cheap

q5 training grounds?  no

q5 raw factories? wipe.gif

lol. wrong thread, dude. 

With thrill and risk, I sharpen my nerves. I'm someone who would bet even under the worst circumstances. just remember life is not a game    
Meet me In game
---->Luke

ibnjUuEF3P9rg1.gif

#42 armbeno

armbeno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

I have never bought gold and I'll never buy gold. 

You have to be retarded if can't resist to buy gold for a week.

#43 Fungusfeind

Fungusfeind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Without the goldbuyers the game will no longer exist. The problem is only the economic module, because other browserbased games are earning money without breaking the game.

By the way: as i know know, there was a erep-forum long time ago and the developters closed it because all members complaind about the game without giving any improvement proposal.

In my opinion this thread make not much sense without new ideas.

#44 Rona1d

Rona1d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationTegucigalpa, Honduras

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

That will never gonna work, the goldbuyers have a lot of butthut to fill

#45 OrdainedLegend

OrdainedLegend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

I've never bough gold, and never see myself doing so - perhaps that makes me bias, but I can't see it being too hard for anyone to do tbh ^^

#46 Luke Braferd

Luke Braferd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

Without the goldbuyers the game will no longer exist. The problem is only the economic module, because other browserbased games are earning money without breaking the game.

By the way: as i know know, there was a erep-forum long time ago and the developters closed it because all members complaind about the game without giving any improvement proposal.

In my opinion this thread make not much sense without new ideas

dude, maybe you haven't read page 1 & page 2.
i said it for just 1 week or 1 month.

do you think, plato didn't do savings? 
he should have "savings" in 4 years. even though we won't buy gold for 1 week or 1 month, the server won't be down..  

(except if he always use up his money till he has no money, nah. i don't know plato IRL)

after 1 week or 1 month, you can buy gold again and feed plato's mouth. 

please read my thread again. i don't say we mustn't buy gold for forever, just for 1 week, or 1 month. 

With thrill and risk, I sharpen my nerves. I'm someone who would bet even under the worst circumstances. just remember life is not a game    
Meet me In game
---->Luke

ibnjUuEF3P9rg1.gif

#47 Aarin Wong

Aarin Wong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMalaysia | eSerb | eMy

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:12 AM

dude, maybe you haven't read page 1 & page 2.
i said it for just 1 week or 1 month.

do you think, plato didn't do savings? 
he should have "savings" in 4 years. even though we won't buy gold for 1 week or 1 month, the server won't be down..  

(except if he always use up his money till he has no money, nah. i don't know plato IRL)

after 1 week or 1 month, you can buy gold again and feed plato's mouth. 

please read my thread again. i don't say we mustn't buy gold for forever, just for 1 week, or 1 month. 

yup, maybe the server is subscription type :) maybe he subscribe anually or etc, agree with you, it wont be down..
some people might say this not gonna work but a little effort might bring hope for a better economy, not much but at least theres a change or people still love hows the current economy is going

• Luke Braferd likes this

Profile Link
Valuable Posts Makes Difference

#48 ronnyJnrJnr

ronnyJnrJnr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

It is a combination of both Plato and gold buyers.  Plato screwed the economy with all the retarded changes that he has made over 18 months, and gold buyers ruin the economy by buying gold for a shit game that makes Plato believe that there is nothing wrong with it because idiots are buying gold, so why change it??? Vote with your dollars and stop buying gold. plato will soon find out that his game licks donkey balls and start to fix it (maybe) or he will just let it die.  Either option works for me

TJ1AJkd5QRuW_2KZlQiABA.png

#49 ronnyJnrJnr

ronnyJnrJnr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

"....18 months ago, it was 2000cc/gold!.(sorry i can't provide you the pict, but you can ask old players)..."

No.  18 months ago it was 33-50 COUNTRY CURRENCY.  Not citizen currency.  Then admin imposed a 10 gold per day rule to stop multies (AHAHAHAH that worked a treat didnt it???" and gold gradually rose from that point on due to the fact that people couldnt sell enough gold on the market in a day and recoup it quick enough to make a profit.

Edited by ronnyJnrJnr, 14 August 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#50 ronnyJnrJnr

ronnyJnrJnr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

Gold buyers also keep the servers online so you can log in boycott and complain, so before anything you should say a loud "Thank you gold buyers!".

Let me hear you.

LOL gold buyers keep plato in flash cars and gold jewellery.  Server costs for the 1 Commodre 64 that they use for the shitty service and constant headless chickens, slow timed out and needed to be refreshed cause the "battle is over" battlescreens we get cant amount to more that 3 dollars a year, and if it does, they are getting ripped off. 

#51 ronnyJnrJnr

ronnyJnrJnr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:35 AM

guess..what will be our work salry then? 1-5 cc hehe..

No. when the economy had some resemblance of a working one, and gold was 50 CC, wages ranged from 15 CC to 75, 100 CC.  Thats how a good economy used to work in this game...

#52 Kucing Imut

Kucing Imut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:01 AM

I've been wondering, what happen if Plato decided to create brand new competition 1-2 weeks before Day 2100 and force gold buyer to buy & stock up gold before day 2100 :P

~ I want to live my eLife to the absolute fullest ~

My eRepublik Profile | Ask me a question

#53 mixail95

mixail95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

I haven't bought gold since the start 2012.And you know what happened?FP all the time!

#54 mixail95

mixail95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

I got an FP again!You see what I'm saying?No gold=DEAD

#55 Joshuke

Joshuke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Lower prices aren't the sign of a dead economy. It's when salaries match the prices that causes the issue. 

The real issue lies in currency that leaves the game through resistance wars and travel expenses. 

The real solutions lie in actions such as reinstating the travel ticket system where money would be placed back into the economy instead of disappearing.

How do you think currency is put into the game anyway? It's not printed, it's not imported. Currency is put into the game through the purchase of gold by players and its uses in the market. The economy starts to slip once expenses (again through travel or resistance wars) exceeds the amount of money put INTO the game. 

There are real ways to solve the economic problem and petitions to not buy gold in an attack against Plato isn't going to help us reach them any quicker. 

1. Make people happy.

2. Have fun.

3. Repeat until the world follows.

fireline_002_600x50.gif

#56 Luke Braferd

Luke Braferd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

I got an FP again!You see what I'm saying?No gold=DEAD

lol. i never got one :P

Lower prices aren't the sign of a dead economy. It's when salaries match the prices that causes the issue. 

The real issue lies in currency that leaves the game through resistance wars and travel expenses. 

The real solutions lie in actions such as reinstating the travel ticket system where money would be placed back into the economy instead of disappearing.

How do you think currency is put into the game anyway? It's not printed, it's not imported. Currency is put into the game through the purchase of gold by players and its uses in the market. The economy starts to slip once expenses (again through travel or resistance wars) exceeds the amount of money put INTO the game. 

There are real ways to solve the economic problem and petitions to not buy gold in an attack against Plato isn't going to help us reach them any quicker. 

yeah, lower prices is not the sign of dead economy, :/ 

"The real solutions lie in actions such as reinstating the travel ticket system where money would be placed back into the economy instead of disappearing." 
hmm.. didn't think about that. i've also been wondering about the money i payed when travelling..  
travel ticket system, huh? is  a little bit complicated, then we need hospital and defense system back to games

"...in an attack against Plato isn't going to help us reach them any quicker" 
actually, this thread is not attacking plato, i'm just saying that not buying gold will improve economy a little(decrease the amount of exchanging gold to currency, so that 1 gold will have better price, decrease the amount of player buy companies --> decrease the over products in market a little[increase slightly prices in market]. 

Meet me In game
---->Luke

ibnjUuEF3P9rg1.gif

#57 IndoMy

IndoMy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

play for fun, not play for "buy" gold...

i dont care about that...

game just a formality, community first

opowae lah karepmu ker... :P

#58 Joshuke

Joshuke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

travel ticket system, huh? is  a little bit complicated, then we need hospital and defense system back to games

Why would we need to bring back hospitals and defence systems while travel tickets have nothing to do with either of those? Just because they were around the same time doesn't mean that they're a requirement for the system.

And how will slightly increasing product prices even start to help? That'd just make things more expensive for beginners and others who don't already have companies. What is the resort they have to turn to when they can't afford goods? Gold or bust.

1. Make people happy.

2. Have fun.

3. Repeat until the world follows.

fireline_002_600x50.gif

#59 Thindael

Thindael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Spain

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

The problem is that Alexis and Erepublik developer need win money.

I like your idea, we can propose it:

- YOU CAN'T NOT BUY GOLD, but eRepublik  will publicity... D:

#60 Luke Braferd

Luke Braferd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

Why would we need to bring back hospitals and defence systems while travel tickets have nothing to do with either of those? Just because they were around the same time doesn't mean that they're a requirement for the system.

And how will slightly increasing product prices even start to help? That'd just make things more expensive for beginners and others who don't already have companies. What is the resort they have to turn to when they can't afford goods? Gold or bust.

ups sorry,
bring back the travel ticket system is also bad for beginners, why? cause it need health + more expensive.(to move 1 region, you need at least 5 energy + 40 cc, also it will be complicated for people to fight for their alliances in RWs) 
" That'd just make things more expensive for beginners" 
bringing back travel ticket will make things become bad to the beginners. why, read above.   
about travel system, this is my idea: let
's say A, is in poland, wants to go to UK, so he moves and pay out 20 cc, and this 20 cc will go to UK national treasury. rather than this 20 cc go into thin air. 
also, it's all government task to teach beginners how to play this game. 
"
That'd just make things more expensive for beginners and others who don't already have companies. " 
so you want all goods become cheap? hohoho. no.
every noobs, when they register to erep(not multis) will get 500 cc in their pocket in their first day,  + a PM from CP. 

nah, the noobs(if they can read) will follow the direction from the PM. and it will lead them to the rights thing. even if goods price is expensive(say, q7 weapons = 12cc).

they won't be bothered to buy stuff from market. also, if they join a MU and follow what MU wants, they will get weapons + food and they won't buy things from market.  

and about "others who don't have companies"
I don't have companies and i have a lot of q7 weapons in my inventory, I'm sure thousand people there also have same conditions like me. 

"What is the resort they have to turn to when they can't afford goods? "
ask other people. or exchange their gold into cc to buy stuff from market.
today, 1 gold = 216 cc(slightly increase there) coz of 10 gold/day rule from plato. they won't get much cc if they exchange it for 1 gold.  

try if 10 gold/day rule didn't exist, they would get more money just for 1 gold. 
and then. if they(beginners) can't do that above, read guides for noobs.
also i want to quote something from your sentences. what goods they can't afford? q7 weapons? beginners who joined recently, won't make a rocket factory first, so buying q1-q6 weapons is not their priorities. buying food only cost 10 GBP for 700-1500 health for 'em.
if you state q7 weapons.  then it may be true for 'em, they can't buy q7 weapons a lot. but, if they follow what government want, they will get some q7(or at least q6) weapons in their inventory. 
also this thread is not for noobs or those who don't have companies, it's for sellers and those who have a lot companies(not commune things).

Edited by Luke Braferd, 16 August 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Meet me In game
---->Luke

ibnjUuEF3P9rg1.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Economy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users