8 replies to this topic

#1 AZTE

AZTE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:00 AM

Hi,

I was tinking about new Newspaper Module, thet would help journalism become more popular and so experienced journalists can benefit from their hard work. Also it will prevent buying votes for newspaper articles and prevent that good articles won't be thrown out of the TOP 5.

My plan:

- When you want to publish an article you will be able to choose what method of votes do you want:

1. You get paid for each vote. // "Paid Votes Articles"

2. You don't get paid for votes. // "Non-paid Vote Articles"

First method:

- Each vote would give the publisher a certan number of CC (example: 0.39 CC) that will be donated form the one who will give the vote.

- If the article gets more than a certan number of votes (example: 60 votes), every next vote will be 1 CC. (0.39 CC will be donated form the vote giver and the rest 0.61 CC from eRepublik).

Second method:

- If you choose this method you will note get paid for votes on your article, but the number on votes on your article is limited.

- The limited number of votes on "non-paid vote articles" will varry from contry to contry based on the population of the eRepublik conturies. The conturies with bigger population will get the higher limit for limited votes, vice versa.

- There would also be "Press Center" like "Traning Center" where player could build his press center and and increase his limited number of votes on "Non-paid Vote Articles".

Example:

Level 1

+10 votes

Level 2

+20 votes

Level 3

+30 votes

- "Non-paid Vote Articles" and "Paid Votes Articles" will be differently colored on the Home page in the cetion of the Top news. "Non-paid Vote Articles" will stay green and "Paid Votes Articles" will be blue, also in the article page the coloring will be different. So the players can see the difference.

- There will be the readers counter on the article page. When some player opens the article no matter did he vote it or not he will be counted by the readers counter and the number of readers will be visible in the article.

- The first method "Paid Votes Articles" will be only able for players account and not for organizations.

I hope you like my plan and I think it will make the the game even more fun and that it will give more options to players. If the eRepublik team liked the idea, the plan could be changed and make it better.

*The numbers in the article are not strict, they can be changed.

What do you think about my suggestion?

Regards,

AZTE

• BOUD1CCA, Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov and badleo like this

#2 Bogi

Bogi

Senior Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

Even better idea: just remove voters club.

• Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov likes this

#3 badleo

badleo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

We need more stats, informations, statistics to make better articles!!!

Years ago we have more informations than now.

I cant see the MPP terms, the movement from national banks and stuff like that... The articles just now... almost all of them are so shit and "vote hunters" with "plays for golds"

• AZTE likes this

#4 AZTE

AZTE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

@Badleo

I agree with you about more information. That is why i propose this plan so good and hard working journalist can be rewarded for their effort and not be trown away by someone who buy votes.

• badleo likes this

#5 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

First of all, I appreciate your good intentions of explaining your ideas, that's always good for all!

In my opinion, fist method....is good option. But I would like to add a modification. Like in real world, you pay for a newspaper for read it (and some are for free) so you can make citizens pay for read your publications, in exchange of pay for the vote (every edition paid can count maybe as vote?). Anyways this idea have a problem, because for new players will be difficult to attract readers to a newspaper that just started, so old players will benefit of this.

I propose to rank newspapers with a Popularity index, in exchange of by votes, using your proposed Press Center for increase the Popularity Index of your newspaper.

Popularity Index will increase with the ammount of publications you published in a month/week, the votes received, the editions sold (if you enable your editions for beeing paid) and the "work" in the Press Center you proposed.

With this I think you disable the voters club effect a bit, since more variants are included for push a newspaper into the top.

Sorry for changing your idea a bit :P  but hey, without your post,  would never have been possible!

3028465-1.png

#6 badleo

badleo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

@Azte @Mikhail

Personally i liked both ideas!

And the point is: we need more stimulus but considering some people will never pay to read here because a great mount of players are just "2 clicks per day and bye Erepublik" so we need a mid term to find a good change for everybody.

Because if we put some kinda of pay for newbie or "2 clickes per day guys" we will have as result less viewers, less votes and a game more boring.

Anyway some people like us.... want to be a journalist and we want more tools and bonuses to keep this game more cool! :D :wub:

• Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov likes this

#7 I am The Best23

I am The Best23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

i like it but i would change just a couple things instead of paying for votes you have to pay to read it just a small amount but it is more like the real world. votes are still free but you can set the price you want to charge and it is only a one time payment so they can go back and reread it again. but this way if its good people will pay more money to read something than some crappy article. but since you need to pay to read it maybe instead of just having a title to go off there could also be a part that shows like a small paragragh giving a little more detail about it. nice idea!

• Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov and badleo like this

#8 Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Mikhail Zarevich Kalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationeSomewhere

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

i like it but i would change just a couple things instead of paying for votes you have to pay to read it just a small amount but it is more like the real world. votes are still free but you can set the price you want to charge and it is only a one time payment so they can go back and reread it again. but this way if its good people will pay more money to read something than some crappy article. but since you need to pay to read it maybe instead of just having a title to go off there could also be a part that shows like a small paragragh giving a little more detail about it. nice idea!

I agree with "I am the Best23" :lol:

Just I think the pay for read option must be optional, at the will of the publisher.

• badleo likes this

3028465-1.png

#9 badleo

badleo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

Pay to re-read! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, newspaper, module, votes, article, press, journalist, journalism, profit, benefit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users