Starting tomorrow, Day 2,492, the following changes are applied to the New World:
1. A citizen can have one house of each quality activated at any time.
- The extra Energy recovery limit will be the sum of all active houses (max 1 per quality).
- For example, a player with active Q1, Q2 and Q3 houses will have a bigger recovery limit of 230 (50+80+100) Energy.
2. Overtime Points
- An active House gives 1 Overtime Point every hour it’s active.
- If a citizen has 2 active Houses, he’ll get 2 Overtime Points per hour and with 3 Houses 3 Overtime Points.
- Overtime Points are shown in your Storage and on the same page with your Companies.
- Citizens can collect as many Overtime Points as they want.
- With 24 Overtime Points you can Work Overtime:
3. Work Overtime
- Working overtime is a new feature that allows players to work as employees multiple times a day.
The same salary as for a normal work will be paid by the employer.
- The employer gets one “work ticket” for each overtime work, similar to the regular work
- The employer can, however, set a limit for the maximum salary paid per day per employee (see point 5).
4. Nightshift Work
- After you Work Overtime, there’s a “cooldown” of 1 hour
- During this one hour you can only do “Nightshift Works”
- If you choose to spend 24 more Overtime Points before the cooldown of 1 hour has passed, each work will consume 100 Energy (instead of the normal 10).
- Working during the Nightshift will reset the cooldown timer back to 1 hour.
5. Managing employees
- As employees can now work more than once per day, we’re giving the employer a new way to manage the salaries.
- The employer can set a maximum daily payment per employee.
- For example, if the employer sets a maximum daily payment to 100 Currency and the employee has a salary of 30 Currency, the employee can only work three times that day (1x normal work & 2x Work Overtime). However, if another employee working for the same employer has a salary of 20 Currency, he is able to work 5 times.
- If the maximum daily payment is set to 0, there’s no limit and the employees can work as much as they want (as long as the employer has the money to pay their salaries).
6. Quality 2 Houses
- Quality 2 Houses will allow you to recover 80 Energy, instead of the old value of 50.
- Quality 2 Houses will have a durability of 7 days (like with Q1 and Q3 Houses), instead of the old value of 15 days.
- If you have Quality 2 Houses in your Storage, you will receive new Quality 2 Houses that will compensate for the entire durability of the Houses you own right now. Therefore, if you own one Q2 House, you will end up with 2 Q2 Houses (and a bit of extra). Q2 Houses on the Marketplace will be transferred to your Storage before the changes are applied.
As a reminder, here are the specifications of each House quality:
Please share your thoughts below!