Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:28 PM
You need to introduce protected national orgs to prevent looting.
- mojov likes this
Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:50 PM
Awesome idea but it needs some tweaking, because all problems stated above are real!
1) Congress of a country should be able to propose new law(s): For example Close country borders - after 24h (maybe this could be reduced becasue after 24 hours campaign could be over) if the law is accepted by 51% of the congress nobody can move out of that country or move into that country. Law is valid until canceled by congress. This way for example if foreign country atempts to take over some other country all players would be "traped" in that country and would not be able to fight for their country or allies.
2) Adding new ingame organization simillar to alliances and to RL United nations: For example creating United nations organizations which all countries would be member of. Once dictator takes over the country he can then use his diplomacy to achieve independecy of his new country. Country x, member of the UN, can then start voting process to accept the newly created country into UN which would make her equal to other countries. After 51% of the countries voted yes dictator country is accepted into UN and can have congress, government, currency,make laws, sign mpp, attack (only classic way not natural enemy)...etc. If that new country is later attacked and conquered by some other country her existance stops and everything is back to normal. If dictator is overthrown while UN is voting for its independance voting stops and everything is back to normal.
3) Punishment for the dictator if he is unsuccessful or overthrown and/or for the all member of MU which fought for the dictator: If dictator and citizens fighting for dictator are affected by Close country borders law and are trapped inside of the country their property will be confiscated if their coup is unseccessful or they are overthrown by revolution. 250/500 cc will be deducted from their accounts and transfered to country treasury. Also the most expensive building (Company/TG/Rocket factory) owned by dictator could be confiscated by country, dissolved and money transfered to country treasury. After the punishment they are automaticly expelled from the country. This punishment could be set by admin or by country congress. Another way of punishment would also be leaving the Close country borders law and keeping the coupist not ale to fight for their country or allies.
have to go now i have some more ideas but no time to write... XD
Edited by batarija, 24 February 2015 - 07:47 PM.
- SAVVAS THE GREEK likes this
Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:54 PM
So, countries like Serbia could afford almost a Military Coup a day in any country, make a puppet the ruler of that country (who doesn't even need to have CS), raise the taxes to the maximum, steal all resources (from ORGs and taxes) and practically take over the politics and economy of that country ad eternum.
Seriously, you are murdering entire countries and their communities with this update. What were you thinking?
- NoOnexRO, TheJuliusCaesar, ronnyJnrJnr and 10 others like this
Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:17 PM
Re-introduce personal organizations. It worked very good during V1 and its a great tool for communtity building since its the persons in the community which can be the pillars of it and not a function which can be overthrown pretty easily by outsiders.
Remember that these communities, forums like erepublik.se and so on have taken years to build up.
I very much agree with Tommot that this is, once again, a feature which destroy the smaller communities and to be frank does not help improve the bigger ones either. All it will do is transfer money to a few high rankers and lead to less gold being bought from them and less money to eRepublik Labs.
The idéa is good, but it needs tweaking to work properly and not destroy more or less everything.
- mojov, plasticola, senadtm87 and 2 others like this
Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:17 PM
So this is the end of all small countries that want to hold on to a treasury?
It is now an invading frenzy against all smaller countries that hold on to a treasury substantially bigger than 200K cc. If some random stranger can come along and become dictator, why do we still bother with countries at all?
Can we at least know how the admins justify this move?
(PS. Restrict it to citizenship and everybody is happy)
- Edith, wschwabe and Ankesenamen Ra like this
Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:41 PM
- When a Dictator gains power in a country, his/her citizenship is automatically changed to match the country where he/she is in charge.
- If a Dictator assigns another player as a Commander of the Military Unit, the Dictator status will be passed on as well.
= UNLIMITED CITIZENSHIP
Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:45 PM
99%WT and destroy WaM and all Land....
Edited by Synode, 24 February 2015 - 07:45 PM.
- Ankesenamen Ra likes this
Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:00 PM
I like this change a lot. First to everyone saying they will get PTO'd you realize it costs 200k and you still have to win the campaign then you also have to defend against the revolutions. it wont be as easy as you think but they do need to make it only citizens can do it. but it adds a lot more strategy and fun in the game. I would rather play a game where stuff happens like this than the same old dying game of 2 clicking. we can finally get rid of the stupid same old congress and president also making this more life like
- unna343 and Dante Ross like this
Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:08 PM
Make minimum wage immune to dictatorship! Please!
I guess that there will be some influence bonus for dictatorship, similar to the influence for occupation. Can we know it in advance or the formula is not exact yet?
If the country is erased from the map, then dictatorship ends, am I right?
Another suggestion- can you make the dictatorship MU pay some tax per capita, and when the tax is not payd to cancel it? So if all citizens refuse to work in that country and there is no MUs income from taxes, the MU has to find funding or to get kicked. The dictatorship tax can be set to average salary multiplied by the tax % and some number between 1 and 4 for example.
Example: average salary 35* 50% work tax*2.6*800 citizens= 36k per day
Example2: if tax is 10% and other is as above= 7k per day
So if no long term dictatorship is planned, robbing the orgs and setting the taxes to insane values for few days might be OK.
The big farm heavy weight players will suffer from the insane taxes and change country, but the low lvl and low income players will not be able to reconquer the country, so some safety mechanism or dictatorship tax should be introduced.
Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:49 PM
Let me quote one player:
A person from some country can buy MU from other country and become a Dictator there? And since D will control all of the orgs and money, he/she can leave that country broke. Who wrote this? Are you crazy or stupid or both?
There should be CS of player required.
And even then, there's possibility that some moron from Congress will sell CS for 5 gold and leave his country in hands of some other moron.
Who writes this kind of stuff?!
ONE Visa player (ANY CS), with enough money, can destroy Serbia for example... Don't even start with small countries...Put enough money, win one battle and he has minimum 3 days of taxes, robbing all ORGs, changing taxes to insane values, etc...
- Miles132 and Ankesenamen Ra like this
Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:11 PM
Make it cheaper to do a revolution against the dictator.
Taking over small countries will be very easy and they cannot liberate themselves because they won't be able to gather the money for a revolution.
And make it possible to get a revolution if the country is wiped as well as add a clause that if the country is wiped then the dictator is no longer in charge upon starting a revolution (without a battle happening).
Edited by The Anaconda, 24 February 2015 - 09:12 PM.
- Dante Ross likes this
Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:13 PM
Well, since you're about to change those dynamics anyway, here are my suggestions.
We'd need some more ministerial titles, just like Minister of Home Affairs (or Interior, as you wish). Titles alone are not enough though: ministers should have some sort of executive power descending from President, i.e. proposing some particular laws (despite being able to vote them though).
An official Chairman of Congress (or Speaker or Congress President) would be likeable too: its role would be in-game 'moderation' towards elected congress members and the ability to reject a fixed number of citizen requests. I filed a ticket about speaker few years ago already.
How does the suggestions above relate to dictatorship update?
Well, they apply to the same dynamics; moreover, the dictator would have more actual power alone than President and Congress together.
Edited by Yamisuke, 24 February 2015 - 09:15 PM.
- Squatriota likes this
Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:35 PM
no one understand the rules i see, one player can't do anything alone! he need the support from 51% of the all citizens
for me the only problem here is the citizenship pass, who will be in hand from only one player
Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:49 PM
Oh, I was just wondering if Presidents would be able to appoint Ministers while a dictator has the power.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users