101 replies to this topic

#21 Azure Falcon

Azure Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:22 PM

Question: will there be an option for CPs/Dictators to donate tokens to other countries?

It was possible during the last Resource Wars, I just don't see it mentioned here.

• gudzwabofer likes this

Just a man, and his will to survive.

#22 Archoss

Archoss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:36 PM

As usual "changes" are decided after excess consumption of alcohol 

• Milanezu and idna like this

#23 Releasethe Krakken

Releasethe Krakken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationSouth of the clouds and north of the wind

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:40 PM

Finally everyone with a brain can move all their companies to eUSA. #economy #fixed

but subject to their taxes so no thanks

mh4l.png

#24 Mr. Indigo

Mr. Indigo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:14 AM

The eRepublik mad scientists are working on a new industry that will reshape the future of the eRepublik Universe. The new industry is based on 5 new resources that will boost the it’s productivity. The resources are up for grabs in the following month during a Country versus Country competition.

Dates

The Resource Wars will start on the 6th of May and will run for the entire presidential term.

Lozny, remember, you people changed the day that new governments start.

Please change the starting date of the event to 7th of May. Please please please.

Even one or two days later would be better.

• rainy sunday and gudzwabofer like this

#25 plasticola

plasticola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:18 AM

Why are your rules always so complicated?

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

#26 gudzwabofer

gudzwabofer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMerry old land of Oz

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:22 AM

YqhlncW.png

Each type of resource will have a different impact on the productivity bonuses based on their scarcity:

7WiuQCy.png

Up to 4 DIFFERENT resources can be placed in the same Region.
A Country can not assign more resources than the number of its historical (original) regions (unless it has less than 4 regions, in which case it can assign 4 resources).

I assume this means the largest possible bonus in any region is 90%: 15+20+25+30 = 90%.

I assume this also means that countries which were given 16 regions or more will be able to max out all 4 industries, while countries with less, sometimes out of step with real life divisions, will only be able to manage 1-3.

For example, Australia, while a mild case, has 8 regions in real life, but only 7 in game. If all things were fair and we had the ACT we could max out 2 regions, not 1 3/4.

Also, in a previous post:

Companies will be established on firm ground and benefit from the bonuses of the Region/Country they are based in.

Does this mean there will also be some sort of tandem country bonus system, so that 100% or even more will be possible?

Edited by gudzwabofer, 30 April 2016 - 02:41 AM.

#27 Azure Falcon

Azure Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:09 AM

A few more questions, while I'm awaiting answers about token donation:

- Will we be able to see other countries' token bids, just as last time?

- Will we be able to know the schedule of upcoming tokens in advance? Not just 12 hours, because that makes it impossible to start a battle that finishes in time. If not, then people with inside information (and yes, I noticed the Romanian-initiated coup in Singapore 5 minutes before the 1million CC change) can start battles for very rare resources at the time when others do not know about that yet. If the window was 24 hours, it would give everyone equal chances.

• donlaerto and gudzwabofer like this

#28 Yamisuke

Yamisuke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnmei no itaru bashou

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:28 AM

Hi, I'm new.

Please do not keep a single tax for three different things (WaM, salaries, COs and medals); split back Income Tax from Work Tax and let the latter be only about WaM.

I'd create a separate tax for COs and medals as well and restore the original Income Tax as it was intended before.

Edited by Yamisuke, 30 April 2016 - 10:22 AM.

• BaKaRaS, MaZzA and gudzwabofer like this

ambassador.gif

#29 Azure Falcon

Azure Falcon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:15 AM

Third question post (hope you reply to the previous two as well):

How large will be the resource selection in a 12 hour period?

#30 projectUnduli

projectUnduli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

Liberation from coup is also 1m? You crazy, it's the end of small countries, you didn't care anything we told you.

The dictator fee goes where? To the country treasure??? that would be so funny.

Make liberation cheaper than coup!!!!!!!!

As it is a nobrainer solution, ofc won't be implemented. (aka it's an expensive toy for whales we can't dare to revert back so we'll pretend that we are nerfing it by ensuring current dictators will not be practically rivalled and in the future only people will ridiculous amount of money will be dictator, otherwise we'd not implement a dictator keep up fee)

And it's rather interesting that no one wonders or speculates about this "new" industry said to reshape eRep "universe". I tend to believe it's related to space but we'll see if it will render current weapon industry useless as I suspected. ( And I suspect that this new industry is known by those who has to know already)

Edited by projectUnduli, 30 April 2016 - 01:00 PM.

• Hostilian and donlaerto like this

#31 Trannsvaal

Trannsvaal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:36 AM

Will there be a way to abandon dictatorship that is already in place at the moment to be abandoned by sending a ticket to the admins? 

Because of the nature of the Dictator module, many countries have a puppet dictator in place. The update for a liberation war to cost 1M cc went unannounced, that means you have now built a huge wall behind those countries for them to turn back. Meanwhile you are going to put costs in front of them to keep the Dictator up.

Or is it going to like this: When there is no money available for the upkeep, the Dictator will automatically retire and the CP and Congress will get back into power?

#32 Gucio

Gucio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 822 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:07 PM

Does the map works?

Should work fine now.

When you say minimum distance between resources is that regions for resources?
More exactly...can you have a very rare and rare resource for the same industry in the same region?

Rare and very rare resources of the same industry cannot be placed within a specific radius from each other.

Will there be a way to abandon dictatorship that is already in place at the moment to be abandoned by sending a ticket to the admins? 

Because of the nature of the Dictator module, many countries have a puppet dictator in place. The update for a liberation war to cost 1M cc went unannounced, that means you have now built a huge wall behind those countries for them to turn back. Meanwhile you are going to put costs in front of them to keep the Dictator up.

Or is it going to like this: When there is no money available for the upkeep, the Dictator will automatically retire and the CP and Congress will get back into power?

At the moment, the country can be liberated from a dictator through a coup. More details as of how the dictator upkeep will work will be released closer to the implementation date.

#33 Marchao

Marchao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:14 PM

We don't know what we doing so we do the mystery trick... 'More details  closer to the implementation date'.

If you want our feedback, give us ALL THE DETAIL NOW... BEFORE the implementations, way BEFORE. 

#34 Millo75

Millo75

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

There will be 5 new resources. FOR WHAT??

#35 Galzra42

Galzra42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:35 PM

Rare and very rare resources of the same industry cannot be placed within a specific radius from each other.

You just copy and pasted it from the ingame information, it was equivocal there, why do you think that it's understandable here?:)

• NoOnexRO, Azure Falcon and Soldier Unknown like this

#36 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:20 PM

I have food rare and food very rare.

So, if I set first the very rare the radius for the rare will be 1000 km?

If I set first the rare the radius for the very rare will be 500 km?

You understand our dilemma?

Or the radius must be between rare and another rare OR very rare with another very rare... case in which a rare and a very rare could go in the same region...

Edited by NoOnexRO, 30 April 2016 - 04:20 PM.

• Azure Falcon and Raphael Louis Habsburg Bourbon like this

Posted Image

#37 Kemal Ergenekon

Kemal Ergenekon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Locationhttp://inciswf.com/1304375737.swf

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:54 PM

I have food rare and food very rare.

So, if I set first the very rare the radius for the rare will be 1000 km?

If I set first the rare the radius for the very rare will be 500 km?

You understand our dilemma?

Or the radius must be between rare and another rare OR very rare with another very rare... case in which a rare and a very rare could go in the same region...

The wording also confused me, but I think what they mean is that the radii affect only resources that are exactly the same. So you can place the rare and very rare of the same industry in the same region, but it will prevent other regions in the vicinity from having the same resources.

• TheJuliusCaesar, donlaerto and gudzwabofer like this

#38 Exalted Druid

Exalted Druid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:55 PM

The Resource Allocation rules are  a truly baffling use of English at which I can only guess.

One guess is that the resources are only distributed as a full set. So until all 20 resources are assigned to at least one region, countries can continue to assign regions to any of the available resources. Once all 20 (to start) resources have been selected then the system will start allocating the resources on a first come first serve basis from rarest to least rare using the rules put in place about distance.

So let's say that 5 countries picked, say, granite. Normally the first region assigned would get it and the other 4 countries are SOL (and lose their token). But if the region that got the granite also happens to be in the number one slot for deer then it wouldn't be able to get it because it's too close to the granite region.

Any other guess's or someone who knows can clarify?

#39 Kemal Ergenekon

Kemal Ergenekon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Locationhttp://inciswf.com/1304375737.swf

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:01 PM

Lozni, we do not understand the wording of the in-game announcement. Could you please help us understand?

The President or Dictator in charge can claim a resource for one of his Country’s original Regions using Resource Tokens. Once a Country wins a Resource Token, a resource from the resource pool will be assigned to the eligible Region of the Country.

Using the resource assignation screen, the President/Dictator can pick one or more resources for each of the Country’s original Regions. Once a Resource Token is available for each resource available in the resource pool, at that moment the Regions will be processed from top to bottom and the wanted resources from right to left until an eligible Region is found for that resource. If the resource cannot be placed, the token is lost.

When does the dictator/president choose the regions to assign the resources? Before or after having earned the tokens? When are the tokens placed in the regions?

What does it mean to process "from top to bottom" and "right to left"? When does the actual placement happen, when every resource token has been claimed by the countries in the world, or when a country has gathered all the tokens they can actually place?

" Once a Resource Token is available for each resource available in the resource pool" -> we don't understand what this means.

Edited by Kemal Ergenekon, 30 April 2016 - 06:04 PM.

• donlaerto likes this

#40 MaZzA

MaZzA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationHoly Theocratic Nation

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:39 PM

Wow it seems I have to move all my companies to USA.

Awesome!

• BlackStormChR likes this

210402-1.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resource Wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users