• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#101 Paul Tyndale

Paul Tyndale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

So we've actually had an admission that even more people are going to move their production to the rich countries from this - "Very likely that most players would move all of their companies to bigger countries to get better bonuses, meaning these countries will get the money out of it."

The fact that people moving to the rich countries with the bonuses has been a problem, why would you want to encourage this even more?  Logic would dictate that if necessary you remove the bonuses completely so that every citizens can produce the same no matter which country they were in.  Then the gains from conquering regions could be a tax gain or some temporary boost to production - say 10% for a conquered region for x number of days or a 10% reduction in production for the conquered country for x number of days.  Something that isn't permanent and that blights the losing country indefinitely would give small countries a chance.  Maybe countries should start to lose income if they hold regions for longer than a certain period of time?  There's all sorts of possibilities I would think.

Edited by Paul Tyndale, 24 April 2016 - 12:24 AM.

• Marchao and gudzwabofer like this

#102 Vincent Vegas

Vincent Vegas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

Although I can see many positeve ideas, I got problem with one thing. Resources War which is very temporary solution, it will again give opportunites to sort it out resources for “big ones” for months. But there is a way to sorte it out, simply by introducing “wearing off” and “restoring” resources in a region. How could it look like? We would need main factor, I guess it would have to be calculated by dividing total number of companys in a game by total numbers of regions in the game. And now exapmple (don’t mind numbers, they are just from space): we got a region with bonus +50% and with 100 companys based there, “main factor” is 50. To calculate how much bonus would change after specific period of time (week, month?) we would multiply number of comapnys by “reduction factor”: 100 x 0,1= 10, result would be treated as an negative number. So simply it would mean in a next period bonus for this region would decrees to 40%. Now in a case when the number of companys in specific region would fall below “main factor” we would calculate “rise” of bonus for this region. Ex.bonus 50%, number of comapnys 35, main factor 50; 50 (main factor) – 35 (number of companys) x 0,3 (“rise factor would have to be higher than “reduction factor” otherwise in some point we would completely drain the sources) = 4,5. Result in this case would be treated as a positive number. Which would mean that bonus for next period would rise to 54,5%.

Citizens sholud be allowed to move their company from one region to another (with some payment made) within regions owned by country which they are citizens. With exception where region where our company is based is conquered by other country, when we would have to move it to our own country.

To help smaller coutrys “main factor” would be calculated differently for them, ex. Country with 4 regions MF x 1,25, with 3 regions MF x 1,5, 2 regions MF x 1,75, 1 region MF x 2. It would allow them for easier recovery.

It would also required to build a map wich would be showing current level of bonuses in a world.

Generally this idea would help to keep action in the game as we wouldn’t be able anymore stay just in our “safe regions” as doing so would couse resources drainage. Just idea… needs still some work on it.

Edited by Vincent Vegas, 21 April 2016 - 02:40 PM.

#103 Henry Pfeiffer Arundel

Henry Pfeiffer Arundel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:49 PM

There's about a 412% chance the three eRep Labs employees still actively working on eRepublik screw this up.

• NoOnexRO, ronnyJnrJnr, odan and 1 other like this

#104 Milanezu

Milanezu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

- Do you know how the bonuses will work in future?
- Do you know about the precise mechanics of the calculations?
- Do you know the mechanics and limitations regarding moving your companies from a nation to another?
- Do you know how the new battle system will affect the production?

I assume answer to each of these questions is a no for now. Therefore one shouldn't really condemn the proposed sketches. I came up with those as I wrote this, there is a vast number of other considerations outside them.

I prefer eRelabs notifying us prior to the implementation, even vaguely, to that they would just do all this without notice during some day change. Now they have the possibility to receive feedback and react accordingly. I just hope they will be able to filter off all the nonsense shouted in here.

Do you know how precisely will the CO tax work? It might take into account CO's set by every MU of a certain nation. Or all CO's placed in favor of a certain nation. Or all CO's placed against a certain nation. Or all CO's placed in a core region of a certain nation. Or something completely different. Same goes for FightAndProduce. You do not have the slightest idea of how those changes you mention will work, so complaining about the alleged consequences of the changes is just plain useless.

are you that new to the game?

you could write a book about how the erepublik guys implement features and there wouldn't be any other literature to back it up

it is something out of any worldly, logical and feasible limits - the model is simple though. The "gief moneyz, we give you pixelz" model

• NoOnexRO likes this

#105 Milanezu

Milanezu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

Well I won't. For me it's too late.

why? you've given up on the military module, so an economic module would be a welcoming change

#106 Pero Nakov BB

Pero Nakov BB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

eRepublic 2 - Resurrection  :)

Limit the impact of the packs!

#107 odan

odan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:05 PM

There's about a 412% chance the three eRep Labs employees still actively working on eRepublik screw this up.

well the hamster that provides power to the server is at least still doing an okayish job.

• unna343 and NoOnexRO like this

#108 Shayan Rmz

Shayan Rmz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationIran

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:11 PM

"As a next step we will be looking at the introduction of Regional Governments with elected officials."

Happy to see eRepublik lab is focusing more on political module.
I had also a suggestion which was reposted with a little change by someone else as it shows players have probably liked it:
My suggestion:

https://forum.erepub...litical-titles/

Reposted suggestion of mine by someone else:

https://forum.erepub...ers/#entry46558

It will be also nice if you add an option for party leaders to add all members of his party in a message without the need of having them in their friend lits.

I am looking forward to find a way to communicate directly with people in lab to express players ideas and such easy and effective things which probably won't be really hard for people back there

Hope to see this game back to its glory days
o7
  • gudzwabofer likes this
"What does the red tulip have, that the clover flower doesn't?"
-Sohrab Sepehri-

#109 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:53 PM

You do not have the slightest idea of how those changes you mention will work, so complaining about the alleged consequences of the changes is just plain useless.

We all have a very good idea how good things can turn bad when implemented by eRepublik so yes, I know things will not work as they think in theory because the theory is made by those who don't even play the game. In a small country or a big one. Just to see the differences.

I'm not complaining. I point out the obvious based on what I know so far.

Should I wait so things go south or should I provide feedback that will not be taken into consideration?

Posted Image

#110 Misho

Misho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:58 PM

Here are the stats from the eSwedish forums - eRepublik was a social web browser game. Gnisae or what his name is did present a plan from A to Z a path that made sense. Admin as usual takes bits and pieces but misses the whole picture. It become a week of insane action and lots of packs sold but then disaster again. Try for once to build a strong foundation rather than just re-paint the same old house and call it an upgrade.

In total there are 12 users online :: 1 registered, 3 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 75 on 17 Oct 2015, 07:49

Registered users: Misho
Legend :: Admins, Global moderators, President, Regeringen, Riksdag
Statistics 
stats.gif

Activity over the last 24 hours

Total posts 527922 | Total topics 27296 | Total members 8543 | Our newest member yomadafakaa

Source www.erepublik.se

• NoOnexRO and donlaerto like this

#111 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:10 PM

are you that new to the game?
you could write a book about how the erepublik guys implement features and there wouldn't be any other literature to back it up
it is something out of any worldly, logical and feasible limits - the model is simple though. The "gief moneyz, we give you pixelz" model

We all have a very good idea how good things can turn bad when implemented by eRepublik so yes, I know things will not work as they think in theory because the theory is made by those who don't even play the game. In a small country or a big one. Just to see the differences.
I'm not complaining. I point out the obvious based on what I know so far.

So the only substance of your argument is that they have messed up before. Five years has been enough to tell me how the previous changes have gone, I am well aware. It doesn't necessarily have to do with upcoming changes. My point stands. This time they at least shared plans beforehand, it's a start.

Should I wait so things go south or should I provide feedback that will not be taken into consideration?

constructive criticism is always welcomed, I'd wager.

Edited by TheJuliusCaesar, 21 April 2016 - 08:21 PM.

• unna343 and Melmis like this

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#112 NoOnexRO

NoOnexRO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:28 PM

This time they at least shared plans beforehand, it's a start.

Never in the entire eRepublik history they change the plans they already set in their minds.

They shared things before. They got feedback. They did as planed. It tuned out to be a disaster.

This will happen now too. There are countless ideas here. Do you think anything posted here will change the course of action already set?

I doubt that.

But... in the end. Why not? Let's wait and comment after the disaster.  :)

• ronnyJnrJnr, NO CARRIER, MaZzA and 1 other like this

Posted Image

#113 TheJuliusCaesar

TheJuliusCaesar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:06 PM

But... in the end. Why not? Let's wait and comment after the disaster. :)

I'll be content with jumping to the bandwagon by then, should they do something irrational.

Edited by TheJuliusCaesar, 21 April 2016 - 09:07 PM.

TheJuliusCaesar

JuliusCaesar @ rizon

#114 projectUnduli

projectUnduli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:33 PM

Never in the entire eRepublik history they change the plans they already set in their minds.

They shared things before. They got feedback. They did as planed. It tuned out to be a disaster.

This will happen now too. There are countless ideas here. Do you think anything posted here will change the course of action already set?

I doubt that.

But... in the end. Why not? Let's wait and comment after the disaster.   :)

Just remembered good old days that Plato mentioned of special treatment to stone company owners for upcoming resource companies which never took place.

And for changes, I'll not be surprised at all when there will be new factories based on new resources that will practically render current weapon factories useless as it is the easiest way to get rid of thousands of gold worth investment at once.

• gudzwabofer likes this

#115 realjjj

realjjj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:53 PM

As long as we can work in our own farms, there can't be a functional economy.

As long as packs are not sold for in game currency ,there can't be any real interest or balance. You are feeding a vicious cycle where scalpers sell packs for absurd and ever increasing amounts of currency, leading to forever crashing exchange rates and allowing these scalpers to have a ridiculous amount of influence in the outcome of a war. It's also self sabotage as you keep enable anyone that buys anything from you to get more and more for less.

Ofc you guys haven't made a sane decision in 5 years so not expecting that to change ...unless everybody got fired.

• Dizzy Duck likes this

#116 Sweet Drinker

Sweet Drinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:05 PM

The travel distance mechanic seems to already be implemented. It looks pretty good.

It would be really nice if the distances (or costs) were listed alongside the region names in the dropdown box.

Would save simpletons like me a lot of guesswork :D

• MaZzA and donlaerto like this

#117 Red Stefan

Red Stefan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMacedonia

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:03 AM

meow

• Yamisuke likes this

sRmPuWA.jpg

#118 Lonestar 2

Lonestar 2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:48 AM

I am a tad bit positive to these changes, although I do agree with much of the points brought forward by Misho.

#119 Guagature

Guagature

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:40 AM

If you consider all of the changes related to the taxation, it should create a balance in the end. Very likely that most players would move all of their companies to bigger countries to get better bonuses, meaning these countries will get the money out of it. At the same time, the small countries will still be gaining money to their country treasury via taxation of combat orders or currency medals, so in the long run these countries would still have an income.

Are you mad??

You do realise that when the big countries get better bonuses, in turn getting money out of it the big countries also get their taxation via CO's or currency medals.

Small countries will be further behind dues to bigger countries taking even more bonuses to keep producers in the country. You know what that means? They take more regions from smaller countries!! Oh we haven't even looked at the smaller countries yet as to how many producers will leave the small countries taking with them the taxes that they used to give the smaller countries.

Really, which Visa player gave you this new update to implement?

• Mr. Indigo, NoOnexRO, MaZzA and 2 others like this

#120 B i g Bad W o l f

B i g Bad W o l f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:39 AM

how do you mean this "companies will stay on firm ground"? Back to orgs?

1634303-1.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resources, Resource Wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users